Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proline prime on "HIGH" traction clay

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a similar situation and I ran primes on the front and barcodes in the rear.. Once I got used to the super high grip I put the rear primes back on..
Old 03-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
I sure did Dan.thanks
I don't think you guys understand how much grip this clay has!!
I mean literally like glue. my 1/8 superlite running 20 mm ride height and will traction roll if i push too hard.
Wow 20mm!, yea I have never ran on something THAT grippy. Maybe some JC DirtTech inserts in the primes to stiffen up the tires some??
Old 03-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What are you running in the diffs?
Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Lol I wish it's that simple !!
Everyone is running prime. I mean i podium every time out but stuck at 2nd and with my driving style i need it to be a little looser in the rear so i can push harder. I feel like i can only push at 85% at the present time and if i try pushing above that the grip will bite me !!
Less rear toe could take away rear grip and perhaps less camber overall.
Goint to a different compound perhaps maybe M3 or M4?
Old 03-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can't get the Tekno site to work right now, I think it's down but look up the Jesse Munn DiehardRC astroturf setup. They are running fat 2.9mm anti-roll bars, and stuff that I think will help you on a very high bite situation. Jesse and Keith (another Tekno driver) are extremely fast guys - I think you'll like what they have done with their trucks.

You can find his racer page here: https://www.facebook.com/jessemunnrc/
Old 03-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
What are you running in the diffs?
10/10/7
Old 03-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26
Less rear toe could take away rear grip and perhaps less camber overall.
Goint to a different compound perhaps maybe M3 or M4?
I'm at 2.5 degrees rear toe now with 3 degrees of camber and still snug.
I will try 1.5 or 2 degree rear toe on my next outing. thx
Old 03-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gticlay
I can't get the Tekno site to work right now, I think it's down but look up the Jesse Munn DiehardRC astroturf setup. They are running fat 2.9mm anti-roll bars, and stuff that I think will help you on a very high bite situation. Jesse and Keith (another Tekno driver) are extremely fast guys - I think you'll like what they have done with their trucks.

You can find his racer page here: https://www.facebook.com/jessemunnrc/
thank you.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My home track is medium grip I would say, Primes in MC work very well when sauced, I tried some Primes in M4 sauced this morning and buggy was on ice.......very loose. Maybe with your track being super high grip some M4's would loosen it up some? Keep in mind our indoor track temp is only 50ish degree's right now in the track area so not sure what your situation is just passing on what I seen today. It was weird to me though because my thoughts was low track temp go softer on the tire.......didn't work at all with the slicks for me anyway.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Dan,knowing what i know now i would have try the Prime m4 first. But i'm kinda want the see what i can do with this set before i spend anymore.
May be a little light sanding will help??
Old 03-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

curious, the m4s aren't those like the super soft compound, wouldn't the clays be less grippy or am I missing something?

I general when I have wanted to free up the rear more, I usually look to raise up there rear camber link on the shock tower, that usually helps. When I ran my tekno on high traction carpet using schumacher mini pins, it was planted and wouldn't roll, but I could still turn on the dime.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
curious, the m4s aren't those like the super soft compound, wouldn't the clays be less grippy or am I missing something?

I general when I have wanted to free up the rear more, I usually look to raise up there rear camber link on the shock tower, that usually helps. When I ran my tekno on high traction carpet using schumacher mini pins, it was planted and wouldn't roll, but I could still turn on the dime.
Yes Cain, the m4 are super soft. And in my case that would help loosen the car up but I'm trying to work with what I have for now. Not given up just yet.
Matter of fact I just did raised the rear camber link in the main Saturday and it was even more hooked up caused me to have to slow down to preventing me from rolling at the end of the straight at 20/21mm ride height but still came in third.
I have got to figure this out, I really hate driving at 80% it's no fun!!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Less grip

I run on the same type of track with the same truck. If you want less grip run suburbs. The track is Island Raceway.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Yes Cain, the m4 are super soft. And in my case that would help loosen the car up but I'm trying to work with what I have for now. Not given up just yet.
Matter of fact I just did raised the rear camber link in the main Saturday and it was even more hooked up caused me to have to slow down to preventing me from rolling at the end of the straight at 20/21mm ride height but still came in third.
I have got to figure this out, I really hate driving at 80% it's no fun!!
hmm weird.

Try posting your setup, may help.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think if you are trying to tune a bad tire option it will have you chasing yourself, 90% of the set up is in your tires. here in phoenix we have some seriously high traction clay and clay primes are the option for many as well as the jc smoothies. I tried a set of super softs as I had them from another track and it was stupid trying to drive those tires. another problem we see are that our foams wear out long before the tires show any significant aging, so keep that in mind as well.

I know throwing a set of tires into the maybe I will use it one day bucket hurts, I have a few sets of tires there as well but finding the right tire choice is the most important part and also prepping that tire. ask the local fast guy what he is doing or to help you prep a set. I have even asked to borrow a set of tires to try so I could feel before I buy them most guys will let you do that hell if the fast guy has a tire sponsor his old worn outs are probably better than my new ones lol cause he preps them right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.