Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2016 Cactus Classic >

2016 Cactus Classic

2016 Cactus Classic

Old 03-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone help me out with "charge for outside food"?

Am I reading this correctly that you have to pay the track if you choose to bring your meal in from somewhere outside?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they have a snack bar type setup that serves food so they ask that if you get food from an outside restaurant to pay a fee to bring it in, i have never and will never pay it as if the food was at least decent and reasonably priced i would just get it there but it is not the last time i ordered an 8 dollar meatball sub and got 3 of the warmed up meatballs on a hotdog bun, i was pissed told the girl i am paying for this but let the management know it is the last thing i will ever order and she said ok thanks, and went about her day. The idea was awesome and the majority of the guys at the track would pay for decent food, but not for crap......
Old 03-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for clarifying jslider.

A friend of mine and I casually chatted about attending the Classic this year but from what I'm reading in this thread, and the fact there seems to be a consensus, I'm glad I didn't.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So this is the official "I hate SRS thread?"
Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jslider
they have a snack bar type setup that serves food so they ask that if you get food from an outside restaurant to pay a fee to bring it in, i have never and will never pay it as if the food was at least decent and reasonably priced i would just get it there but it is not the last time i ordered an 8 dollar meatball sub and got 3 of the warmed up meatballs on a hotdog bun, i was pissed told the girl i am paying for this but let the management know it is the last thing i will ever order and she said ok thanks, and went about her day. The idea was awesome and the majority of the guys at the track would pay for decent food, but not for crap......
Do you remember when they first opened it?

The Pizza was AMAZING...Huge all-beef hot dogs...

3 weeks go by, they start serving frozen pizza that had been warmed up in a toaster oven and the hot dogs were microwaved oscar myers.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Cool story bro. You lost me at "clips"...Is it 1941?

They still have a sign up front, and I refuse to break the law, so I don't enter. I wasn't bothered by the food charge, as when I did go I used the backdoor. It still remains that they do charge for out side food, and the "cafe" is garbage.
well with the bro term your childhood memories should not be too far back. clips is still used in lieu of the term magazines, not just for people who were hooked on phonics...brah

scroll down
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ammo+clips

google search it and you will see actual guns sites that use it too
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars

- Competition Hobbies in Tucson (imo best indoor track ever in AZ) was touted as the killer of Tucson HT's , i actually at first thought might do it.....failed.
Competition Hobbies had enormous potential, just the wrong people managing (if you can even call it that) it. It could have been great.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Lol
Old 03-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Suspended

well with the bro term your childhood memories should not be too far back. clips is still used in lieu of the term magazines, not just for people who were hooked on phonics...brah

scroll down
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ammo+clips

google search it and you will see actual guns sites that use it too
Boom, roasted. A "search google" and "hooked on phonics" blast. You're so clever and crafty grandpa.

Back to the topic....

SRS doesn't suck - the employees work their butt off. I loved that they did full tech to the 17.5 cars, and were successful in catching cheaters. The building is amazing - it's seriously a once in a lifetime experience I recommend to lots of people to see. The dirt is weird, but again, I tell everyone to check it out at least once. I dislike they allow saucing in house now.

I saw a few pics of the layout, and it looks AWESOME.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Competition Hobbies had enormous potential, just the wrong people managing (if you can even call it that) it. It could have been great.
it lasted 12-14 years? imo was a success in Tuscon with only a population in the 500K+ range and competing with a another track in the same town. CH drew pro drivers of state and phoenix area.

i was hoping that CH would get another owner and continue, like SRS has many times
Old 03-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Socket
Boom, roasted. A "search google" and "hooked on phonics" blast. You're so clever and crafty grandpa.

Back to the topic....

SRS doesn't suck - the employees work their butt off. I loved that they did full tech to the 17.5 cars, and were successful in catching cheaters. The building is amazing - it's seriously a once in a lifetime experience I recommend to lots of people to see. The dirt is weird, but again, I tell everyone to check it out at least once. I dislike they allow saucing in house now.

I saw a few pics of the layout, and it looks AWESOME.
Agreed. My only gripe against either AZ HT stores/tracks is simply just the moronic ownership. Adam is his own worst enemy. Both places pack tons of potential. However, the medical field offers tons as well, but I can't call myself a surgeon and reap the benefits.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

it lasted 12-14 years? imo was a success in Tuscon with only a population in the 500K+ range and competing with a another track in the same town. CH drew pro drivers of state and phoenix area.

i was hoping that CH would get another owner and continue, like SRS has many times
CH is now home to a huge, private conglomerate who use the building to house millions of dollars worth of trick exotic cars
Old 03-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Actually it's an exciting debate on what the device within a gun that holds unspent ammunition is called. On the side a few are talking about the Cactus Classic.

Back on topic: The immortal Warren G calls it a "clip"

Originally Posted by Warren G from "Regulate"

Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
Old 03-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

It lasted about 12. It had one owner and numerous managers. The owner went through periods of being involved and not. The first manager went through periods of being stoned/high and taking loans out against the business...nice guy huh? (owner didn't seem to give a ish) The last manager wasn't much of a people person. I worked there for a good portion of the first 6-7 years. It was in a great location but there were numerous decisions made by the management that didn't let it take off the way it could have...I was there for some of these so I have first hand knowledge.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Suspended

The time it lasted is directly related to the deep pockets ownership had. If a single business deal actually went through, Tucson would have only had it as it's track, and would have been amazing.

Pima County is a population of 1 million.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.