R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #91
Tech Addict

New Jack-In the B-main?Ha at least my car can actually stay together for more than one race!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

this is a warning of what could happen when the cheaper jammin flys by your sp2

haha... not a flame intended. all in good fun
Old 12-15-2005, 10:10 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windellmc
Do you want the best car or the cheapest one? The Jammin is quite good for a $500 car and probably the 3rd best handling behind the SP1 and SP2...You can probably still find new SP1s for around $500 and the SP2 should be available for around $650. So there is $150 difference between the two or you can get an SP1 about the same price as a Jammin.
UMM.....look here, I don't think your figures are very accurate....

http://www.maxxtruck.com/asp/ebcategory.asp?id=465

And then it has cast knuckles (probably $90 to upgrade tp machined) and you need better center braces(as per one of your kyosho brothern) another ?$45? there... heck the jammin X-1 RTR is equipted almost as well as the K buggy......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:09 AM   #94
Tech Initiate

Well i gave 675 for my SP2, best price i could get at the time for a Jammin was 550 so the 150 split is fairly close you just got to shop arround.

Jammin or Kyosho, you cant go wrong... this sounds a lot like a ford / chevy debate.
ETRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #95
Tech Addict

First of all, Machined knuckles aren't 90 bucks.http://www.suzannegammage.com/prodde...rod=RCEPRO7514 .And here's an SP1 for 570,http://www.suzannegammage.com/prodde...hp?prod=31778B .The braces can be anywhere from 15 to 55 bucks depending on what kind you want.I am using ebay ones that I got for 15 dollars and they work really good.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #96
Tech Rookie

If I was gonna spend $569 for a buggy I would atleast want it to be updated. There is no way you could buy an SP1 and not want to update it. The cost of updating would be how much? And Kyosho will come out with an Inferno MP777 Sp4. Then what do you do? Kyosho is for people that have more money than sense.
A MAIN RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Someones a Kyosho hater.Well you can find it way cheaper on Ebay but most people hate it so I didn't post a link.And how do you know they will come out with a SP4?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The link I posted was for the SP2, not the SP1 ... Also you can't compair a NIB priced X1 to the price of a used buggy cause look around and you can find used Jammin's for $200 less that the price of a NIB one..... Personally I'm spending this much on a race buggy I'm getting a new kit that I build and I'm sure I have all the psrts and none are worn out or damaged.....

The point is we can argue this out for the next 10 years and nobody will ever win cause for everything said by one party the other can trump it..

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #99
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanai II
Someones a Kyosho hater.Well you can find it way cheaper on Ebay but most people hate it so I didn't post a link.And how do you know they will come out with a SP4?
Hahahahahahaha see you are already thinking about an Sp4 upgrade $$$$$$$$$$$.
I am not a Kyosho hater. I bought an Inferno 7.5 sport and it was the biggest POS I have ever owned. They should be giving the cars away as much as you have to spend to keep them going. But if it wasnt for the Infernos, I wouldnt have something to pick on.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

Why do the Jammin fans have to always talk about price? Also you bring up the price of an SP2 at one dealer and think that means anything? I bet I can find a Jammin advertised for $600 if I look around. Racer's Edge knuckles for a Kyosho cost about $40-50. The stock knuckles are actually pretty strong if used in weather above 50F. They also cost about $7 so you could just replace them every few gallons.

If a used Jammin is $200 and a used Kcar is $500 that should tell you something right there about which car is higher quality.

The stock Kyosho braces actually give the chassis some flex which makes it better on rougher tracks. Then you have the machined brace option also. Can you buy Kyosho style braces for the Jammin to further tune the handling on rough tracks?

Bottom line: Both cars are good but there is a reason the Jammin is $150 cheaper than the Kyosho. If you cannot afford the best (Kyosho) then the Jammin is a very good race car and much better than many other choices out there.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:49 PM   #101
Tech Regular

When I made the buy I would not think the handling would be any different from the Pro Jammin and the RTR but I guess they are.
I did not like the way my RTR Jammin drove. I thought it was hard to handle over jumps. I tryed all year but never could get it where I wanted it. I even changed the front and rear chassis brace, engine mount.
Everyone said the Jammin Pro was a great car but where I had a bad experance with my RTR I have to do in a different direction.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #102
Tech Elite

accually i have plastic braces and machined braces for my jammin x1cr pro
Old 12-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #103
Tech Regular

micro,
Do u think the plastic braces bind the turnbuckles up? \

I guess if i added the stiffer chassis, Z brace and big bore shocks my RTR Jammin would handle as good as what everyone says they do.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #104
Tech Rookie

My Jammin started out as an RTR. I bought all the pro upgrades for it and it handles alot better. I spent alot of money to get it there and I would have been better off just buying the Pro from the beginning. I just didnt know I was gonna really get into it.
My first time ever racing, I used the RTR and won the A main against 6 triple 7s. The stock chassis isnt very good so that was the biggest improvement I have made. That and the chassis braces. Oh and the Z brace is a must, to keep proper gear mesh.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyracer
micro,
Do u think the plastic braces bind the turnbuckles up? \

I guess if i added the stiffer chassis, Z brace and big bore shocks my RTR Jammin would handle as good as what everyone says they do.

i havent run my car with the plastic braces yet. been runing the stiff ones. my only reason for saying anything about them was the person who said something about the k car having that advantage