R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've been trying to decide between the Jammin X1 and SP2. Fortunately my mind was made up for me a few days ago. A buddy just inked a ride with XRay and Max Motors so he sold me his SP2 w Collari B7 and JP2 pipe plus extras for $500.00 . The entire setup has only 3 races on it. I didn't hesitate a split second. I sopped it up like gravy on a biscuit . Based on conversation I've had with several people I think either buggy would have satisfied me.
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

man, that was a lucky grab and a stupid friend!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can't say anything. I've done the same thing for friends in the past.
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack

They SP2 or most any K Car is the Cadillac of 1/8 scale, I have driven Kyosho 1/8 scales for over 5 years now, & don't prefer to drive anything else, some of the other kits are attractive price wise, but other than that KYOSHO for me, you get what you pay for. Parts are not real easy to acquire as an in stock item, but www.amianhobbies.com is just a paypal payment away from getting anything you want at a good price!!!!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jack
They SP2 or most any K Car is the Cadillac of 1/8 scale, I have driven Kyosho 1/8 scales for over 5 years now, & don't prefer to drive anything else
how come u only drove 1 brand of car in 5 years and u said it was the cadilac of 1:8 scale..???

supposed the statement is like this..hehe
i've drove 5 fabulous top cars in the world in 5 years (mugen-x5, kyosho-sp2, xray-xb8, hobao hyper7 & crono-rs1) and the Cadilac of 1:8 scale is jammin x1cr heheh...
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:15 PM   #66
Tech Master

Whatever, the Mugen is too twitchy, the Jammin' breaks just about every time I see one run, the X-ray is just an over priced car like the rest of their stuff, the Hyper 7 is an ofna, & the Crono I won't even comment on!

Old 12-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #67
Tech Initiate

I was pondering this same question, I originally had a Mayhem Pro, Hated it, way too twitchy and loose in the back end. reced it for one points series locally (and won it BTW) but never got it to stay planted, tried every combo in the book.
So after the RC X-Games began my quest for a better buggy. SP2 or X1cr Pro... ?????
well parts werent an issue for me localy (Jammin) but i did find a Sponsoed Kyosho driver that was willing to help me with my setup, So I made the switch to the big "K". And YES "amainhobbys" is my friend.

just put it together and got one day of break in on the car and now there is snow on the ground, and she sits till next week when im in So Cal for 2 weeks. the SP2 with a B7 and Collari pipe will be throwin dirt.

I guess i can sum all this up by saying, i went for the ride i could get the best advise on setup for. If guys are racing at your track all day with X1's then you might want to go that way, Vice versa if its K-cars etc.
ETRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Crono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyosho
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Crono,I only know of one person that races one around here,but I also think he is running a X-1 now.Does this tell you something.

Make you
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #70
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default sp2 and X1

I have had both of these cars along with an Xray, hyper 7, and Mugen. Of all the cars they go in this order:
Kyosho
Jammin
Mugen and Xray about tied.
Hyper 7
The Kyosho and Jammin are very close with the Kyosho probably on top with more steering. Both cars seem as stable as the other. I would suggest to whoever is looking for a new car, to pick up the car with the best parts support locally. The jammin edges out the Kyosho in parts price but I think the Kyosho is actually cheaper for parts then the Xray. And I never had problems with breakage with the Jammin so whoever is saying they break doesn't know what they are taking about. To date it was the most durable car I have owned, however I just bought the SP2, so we shall see.
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Didnt jammin basically design the x1 on the kyosho k3 anyway and find ways to improve on it? I read that in a article in a magazine I'd say we be Jammin only because of the price
Old 12-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

The Jammin buggy was a complete ground up design by Jammin Jay Halsey. As far as handling, the Kyosho has a bit more suspension travel, but accourding to X-RC Cars magazine, they did a test on six buggies, the mugen mbx 5 prospec, GS avenger, Kyosho MP777, Xray XB8, Jammin X1CR and i can't remember what the last one was, but the two on top were the kyosho and jammin buggies, with the jammin buggy comming in a close second to the kyosho buggy. So it's really just a matter of brand loyalty, i'd take both...but if i had to actually choose, and money was a factory, i'd get the jammin cause it's almost 300 less then the kyosho, but if money wasn't a factory, the kyosho all the way. Kyosho has been on top in the 1/8th scale buggy scene for as long as i can remember, started with the original Burns and Turbo burns.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #73
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default jammin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana
Didnt jammin basically design the x1 on the kyosho k3 anyway and find ways to improve on it? I read that in a article in a magazine I'd say we be Jammin only because of the price
this is true but the article also quoted Halsey as saying they took a hole bunch of cars however modeled it mostly after the Kyosho because the Kyosho always seemed to come out winning even if it was some lucky driver. SOmething to that affect is what he said.
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:30 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jack
the Jammin' breaks just about every time I see one run
wauuu.. what a story right here from a kyosho'smaniac that only own and drove kyosho only!!!
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #75
Tech Master

Buggyman: I'm the one who said that the Jammin' buggy breaks a lot, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! We just had our final R/C Pro Series race on Dec. 3 & both of the Jammins broke & have broke many times previously, the wing mounts suck, the front steering brace is garbage, the wing is a piece of crap, & the list can continue (though I will admit it is 10 times better than any other ofna). It is a fragile buggy (Period).

arggggggg: Don't start with your Smart @$$ comments anymore, you don't know me nor what I have or haven't driven, & NO I won't own anything that I don't think is worth buying ala any ofna! Yes, I do own Kyosho is it not constantly on top, I think so! I'm through with you, you're dismissed!