2 wd or 4 wd buggy >

2 wd or 4 wd buggy

2 wd or 4 wd buggy

Old 02-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jigsaw49 View Post
Is 375 a fair price for this?
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/5430291356.html
Doesn't seem to list the electronics, so hard to say... But the price is in the ballpark for a B5M with electronics.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Never drove 4WD 1/10 buggy. But I currently just got a 22 2.0 and it's been real fun. Once you have that thing dialed in it's actually real fun to drive. As many said 2WD definitely helps you become a better drive. Find out which you have more fun driving. I'm actually thinking about selling my 22 2.0 because I picked up a 1/8 buggy. PM me I might be able to get you rolling for a sweet deal.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jigsaw49 View Post
Maybe. Depends on the condition, but I would probably not bite. Weird for them to include all but the servo.

I would also clarify that "all electronics" probably doesn't include the battery. If it includes the receiver that may or may not help... the receiver may not be compatible with your radio, which means you'd have to get a receiver anyway.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
I'm interested in 4wd so I am looking to see what others think. I am an Associated guy buy have read good things about the 22-4 and even better things about the new Dex410V5. Also I hear the X-ray chassis' do great in carpet.
I raced against two DEX410V5 for the first time at a club race last night. Neither of the drivers have ever beaten me before and one smoked everybody, beating me by over a lap and the other guy just got me for third. I am convinced that it is an amazing car because both of those guys were drastically better.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok. Stock buggy is very very very competing at my track so I think I will set my sights on a losi 22 3.0 or a hot bodies d 216. Also what about stadium truck. I was talking to the owner of my lhs asking for a reccomendatuon on which way to go. He said no 4 wd buggy. 2 wd buggy or stadium truck. And thoughts on that?

Last edited by Jigsaw49; 02-28-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

This just popped up. I don't think 500 bucks is a fair price considering the crappy solders on the motor and esc and the scratches on the chassis.
I may offer 100-150 for the roller, is this a fair offer?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Stadium trucks are really nice to drive if you can run a 13.5 motor as opposed to a 17.5, but beware that they have become the red headed step child of the off road world.

I would go to the track on race day and count the entries in both classes. If there are more than 8 drivers with stadium trucks, go for it.

If there are 12+ buggy drivers and 2 stadium trucks then avoid the truck, even if they are some of the best handling vehicles ever made.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Im going to the track saturday and i will ask the owner of the hobbyshop how many entries there is in stadium truck. There is d mains in buggy so there is no lack of drivers for that classs.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For your situation I would find a 22 2.0 (if you like TLR) used and start from there. With everybody salivating over the 3.0 I'm sure you would have no trouble finding a great deal on the previous model.

I think when starting out it's important to remember that there is no harm in running used/older/cheaper stuff. It will take time and practice before you find yourself at a skill level where your equipment is holding you back.

I have a 22 3.0 as well as a 22-4 and I strongly suggest starting with the 2WD buggy mainly because you are on a budget. The 22-4 is a beautifully engineered car that is fun to drive but it's going to cost more to keep it on the track. Its higher level of complexity means there's more to maintain and more to break.

No matter which way you choose to go I hope it all works out. Glad to see a young person setting goals and working toward them.

Last edited by MNiceGuy; 03-04-2016 at 08:48 AM.