Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor tire sauce choices

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Notgeoff
I run at 4 different tracks with varying surfaces. High bite clay, sandy clay, and blue groove.
Cheatersauce has proven to me that it's unmatched, traction for entire
heat or main!! All other tire compounds I've used seem to fall off after 1 or 2 minutes.
The first run on Cheatersauce was an obvious upgrade to any other tire compound!!
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, ERC
That's a 'pimp' post if I've ever seen one
Old 03-26-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default How dare someone bring up reason

I can't believe someone brought up the potential dangers of using mystery sauce full of yummy chemicals. Real men use any and all chemicals regardless of any dangers to gain an edge while racing toy cars for bowling trophies. I especially recommend bringing young children to the track to breath in all the goodness. You should also remember to eat while saucing your tires, and whatever you do, don't take any steps to avoiding covering your hands in tire sauce, because we all know chemicals can't absorb through your skin.

Get with the program!!!! Who cares about health. We will all die of something.

Back on topic. I suggest lighter fluid mixed with diesel fuel, m.e.k., and belt dressing. Works great and smells great.

By the way, I have never believed those stupid warning labels. They are just trying to protect themselves from lawsuits.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's not about a warning label, it's about an ingredient label so in case of emergency, doctors can see what someone may have ingested.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I think he's being sarcastic. I agree, there should be a ingredients list, at least a call out of the dangerous.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

There is nothing like a shot of Buggy Grip, chased with 8oz glass of Simple Green first thing in the morning!!!

Makes for an interesting day at the track!!!! :-)

===

Done kidding!

There should be some kind of info in case a person does drink some of this stuff.

Had a grand daughter climb on to a book shelf and drink some candle oil years ago, poison control had us look at the bottle, then take her to local ER.

Last edited by tmail55; 03-27-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've used reino's ragu for years at thunder Rc raceway in nashville tn. Dan Reino is one of our fast guys. It does have that hey I just took .02 seconds off my fast lap smell but the stuff works and works well
Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Go to a gokart race and then come on here and talk about chemicals. We prep tires and then burn it in with a torch. We breath in chemicals and the fumes from burning in it all to win. We don't care about the risk at the time, we do it because we love to race and love to win. As far as my chemical choice I have four different mixtures I like to use depending on the track condition. I have some for extreme softness to a hard grippy track. Find something you like to use and stick with it.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Don't give them any more ideas government screws lots of things up . Carry on to the topic lol .
Meh, I'd love to see them just hamer garbage companies like cheater sauce etc which are just repackaging other chemical.

Not giving out a MSD will be the fall of them.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #53racer
Go to a gokart race and then come on here and talk about chemicals. We prep tires and then burn it in with a torch. We breath in chemicals and the fumes from burning in it all to win. We don't care about the risk at the time, we do it because we love to race and love to win. As far as my chemical choice I have four different mixtures I like to use depending on the track condition. I have some for extreme softness to a hard grippy track. Find something you like to use and stick with it.
You hear the term play now pay later? May be fun to race but some of the chemicals used are known carcinogens. I don't want to preach about the topic but its only a matter of time before someone gets hammered for the chemical use in the industry.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default No minimum anymore.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Looks interesting big bottles also but the minimum is you have to buy two bottles ?

Not cheap .
There is not a minimum on the number of bottles that you buy anymore.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
good to hear! seems to work best when tires are cleaned with a 90/10 water-simple green solution.
Thanks for the tip. My youngest boy ran Novice at Hartville yesterday. Did like you said. 2wd truck was hooked up! He started last in second heat. Finished first. First in A1 main, second in A2. Some people were surprised it was 2wd
Old 03-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

What compound tire are guys running sauce on? I've seen guys do clay and soft tires... if you want a softer tire why not just buy the compound you want? Do you sauce a clay tire when you're running on a clay surface?
Old 03-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone still marinate there tires.. or was that just a fade that came and went?

Marinate.. Soak your tires in ... I use liquid wrench put the tires in a freezer bag and let bake in sun..been awhile since I have been to the track.that's why I ask.

Pretty sure most people know this technique.. But just wanted to be clear..
Old 03-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JC8390
What compound tire are guys running sauce on? I've seen guys do clay and soft tires... if you want a softer tire why not just buy the compound you want? Do you sauce a clay tire when you're running on a clay surface?
That truck has AKA Deja Vu supersoft rear, AKA Wishbone soft front. Mid motor 2wd SCT. Simple Green only on front. Plenty of steering. Sauced edges of rear tires heavily to gain side bite when powering out of corners. Truck has reduced rebound damping on the front, reduced anti-squat (1 degree) and rear shocks laid down to aid in weight transfer on the straightaways. Front arms are at full droop while accelerating down the longest straight under full power. The sauce allows him to start getting into the throttle sooner on corner exit. He's 10 years old and I try to make up for his lack of experience.

Last edited by bubbaslash; 03-27-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rannblod
Does anyone still marinate there tires.. or was that just a fade that came and went?

Marinate.. Soak your tires in ... I use liquid wrench put the tires in a freezer bag and let bake in sun..been awhile since I have been to the track.that's why I ask.

Pretty sure most people know this technique.. But just wanted to be clear..
With Flying Farmer, we don't marinate. We clean tires right after a heat, then sauce them 15-30 minutes before the next. My brother and one of my coworkers still marinate. I've found that there's no need to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.