Wiki Posts
Search

Orion revolution V2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Orion revolution V2

Hi guys, anyone know whether you need to replace armatures on these things and if so where do you get them from? This motor good but I dont know how it works.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:19 PM

i love this motor. I ran one in my four wheel yesterday. I ran a 12 double and was outrunning most ppl with 10turns.

To tell you the truth, when i replaced the arm, i replaced with Trinity D6 arm, as that was all i had. But since then, i bought an Orion one. Any mod arm should fit.

But yes, these are insane mods, last forever, and super fast...

Go for it!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

The arm is like any other, a lot of pros switch and it really makes no difference. Arms are different, but it has to do with the wind, gauge, etc. It is irrelevant of the can and endbell although you should find one that works with the style of endbell.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

www.teambr00d.com has arms in any wind.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losi boy
Hi guys, anyone know whether you need to replace armatures on these things and if so where do you get them from? This motor good but I dont know how it works.
You should be able to buy them in Australian. Team Orion's distributor stocks them so your local shop should be able to get them for you in the wind that you want.

If you can't find what you want or need help determing which armature you need, you can always contact Team Orion in the US for suggestions.
All armatures are not the same. They are not machine wound mass production units. Team Orion USA takes great care during the production process so that you receive nothing but the best quality and workmanship.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

This is also another difference with the V2 motors. The offroad motor (blue endbell) has a 5mm stack which produces less torque as opposed to the Touring and Signature model's 4mm stack. Most people use the Touring motors for offroad anyway.