Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what tires/wheels to race for an sc20 on clay? >

what tires/wheels to race for an sc20 on clay?

what tires/wheels to race for an sc20 on clay?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what tires/wheels to race for an sc20 on clay?

So i'm new to racing. Picking up an Associated SC10 to get my feet wet racing at the local track. Reading through various articles most recommend getting new tires/wheels first thing before hitting the track as the stock aren't to great. I'll be in the rookie class running 2wd short course trucks basically run what ya brung. Any tips for a good tire/wheel combo would be great. Planning on ordering the truck and tires/wheels yet tonight off tower hobby if someone can point me to appropriate tires. Oh the track is a clay off road course also.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It depends on the track surface. Just clay is not enough. But usually clay would use a treaded tire like a dirt web or Ion. If it is damp clay like the track I race on Proline Primes are the best tires with Panther slicks in a close second place.

Your best bet would be to ask others who race there, and if it is at a local hobby shop buy it right from them. If you always buy from tower hobbies how does the hobby shop stay open to keep providing you with a place to race at?