Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help with buggy purchase for X surface >

Help with buggy purchase for X surface

Help with buggy purchase for X surface

Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Help with buggy purchase for X surface

So I'm looking at buying a buggy soon. I currently own a TLR 22SCT 2.0.

I'm really fighting with myself as to what buggy to purchase....

The closest tracks to me are 50 and 75 miles, one has an indoor carpet, and an outdoor astro track, the other has an indoor med-high bite clay track.

For sake of ease I'm leaning toward the TLR 22 3.0 because I know it will share some parts/setup similarities to my SCT. On the other hand, I'm thinking about the XRAY XB2 Carpet Edition, because it comes with more parts, then I could buy the traditional higher CG MM tranny, and a ball diff. The amount of different options on this buggy scares me though. I'm not sure if like to change all those parts so often for each track.

Although most of the tracks I run are med-high bite clay or carpet or Astro turf, so maybe the carpet edition with a ball diff and hard plastics will be fine for these surfaces? Or would I be better off with the TLR 22 3.0 and set it up for higher traction surfaces? Has anyone found success with the 22 3.0 on high traction or would the XB2 just be a better option despite the hassle of having to always order parts because no local support, as well as not sharing anything with my SCT