1/8 e buggy

Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by james633 View Post
Ecars I have owned:

AE RC83be, JQ white, JQ yellow, tekno eb48, kyosho mp9 TKI, Losi 2.0,

Ecars I have driven enough to know how they handle
Durango (newest), Losi 3.0, mugenbx7r

I liked the JQ White edition the best as it different and very tunable. Was very settled and drove like a kyosho with more steering (good for indoor. Still good for outdoor). Build well but takes about 30 packs to break in (crush bearings in the hubs) so don't judge too quickly at first.

But I am fastest with the RC83be. It is just easy to drive fast and flows well. A little loose with the kit setup but easy to fix. Like a Mugen with better steering.

The kyosho is pretty good and stable but has a hair of push on loose tracks. All in a solid car. I would buy it again if they updated it from the 1980s...

The tekno is last on my list. Best in class jumping but that will not win races. My issue is it is traction dependent. When a track has a groove but has dust too it is hard to be consistent. It needs a good driver and good setup. Can be fast but not for me.

The Mugen is bested by the AE... But is a good car. Lands jumps hard.

The Durango is surprisingly good. Stable and easy to drive. I would like to drive it more. Maybe lacks some steering compared to the JQ (best in class) and the AE.
wow, nice knowledge

did you test the 5x1.35 piston on the mbx7r ? adam drake use those. i surely helps landing softly
Old 02-09-2016, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

i have 100usd discount on 475usd purchase on tower. you can buy tekno sl with a pair of proline or aka tires for 375usd. also you could get eb48.3 or mbx7r eco for 450usd. those are good deals
Old 02-09-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
wow, nice knowledge

did you test the 5x1.35 piston on the mbx7r ? adam drake use those. i surely helps landing softly
The Mugen was not mine but the owner changed a good bit of stuff on the shocks. Improved it a lot but never on the level of a good landing car like a tekno.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

I just saw that the OFNA Hyper SSe is $318 at Amain. I know nothing about this buggy or about OFNA but that's a dirt cheap price for a 1/8 scale brushless buggy.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DeathWish9 View Post
I just saw that the OFNA Hyper SSe is $318 at Amain. I know nothing about this buggy or about OFNA but that's a dirt cheap price for a 1/8 scale brushless buggy.
the hyper sse is a good car but a bit heavy. there are a few threads out there to make yourself an opinion
Old 02-09-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The JQ and kyosho cars are wing sensitive. Not a huge deal but you need to run the stock wings to remain stable.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

I'm a bit smitten by the Losi 8ight-E RTR. But I feel like it is going to be replaced soon due to the arrival of the 8ight 4.0.