TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree36Likes

TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-17-2016, 07:39 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the 8IGHT-E 4.0 Wiki

USEFUL LINKS

Overview
Manual
Pictures
Parts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
ADI makes a plate that already has the mod done and the peg that goes into the chassis. It uses the TLR pills too. Looks like their plate came out in 2014, im surprised I didn't hear about until TLR tried the same mod.
https://altondi.com/collections/acce...-d-pivot-10047
Here you go
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbracn
was there a link somewhere for the adi block?
https://altondi.com/collections/acce...-d-pivot-10047
Old 04-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
It gives you more overall grip if you run full droop front and back. Unless you are running super high grip sugar clay tracks the car will not traction roll at a normal 29 ride height. If you jack the ride height up to extremes then it might traction roll. If you do run full droop front and rear refer back to my tip about trimming the front arm out so dont break spindle carriers.

Flipping the hrc block allows you to lower the whole arm down. You can run 1 down in the C plate(antisquat) and have 3.5 degrees of antisquat now. Lowering the whole arm gives more rear grip and gives you more steering. As mentioned the best route is to buy an ADI block so you dont have to grind and it comes with the peg that sits in the chassis slot.
Thanks for info
Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

I'm thinking of picking up the TLR Electric Clutch kit for my buggy. Looks like it doesn't include a clutch bell. Do I use the same tooth count as normal 5mm Mod 1 pinion gear? So if I normally run a 16T pinion gear, do I use a 16T clutch bell to get the same speed and performance?
Old 04-27-2017, 06:34 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
I'm thinking of picking up the TLR Electric Clutch kit for my buggy. Looks like it doesn't include a clutch bell. Do I use the same tooth count as normal 5mm Mod 1 pinion gear? So if I normally run a 16T pinion gear, do I use a 16T clutch bell to get the same speed and performance?
I would also get a 15t bell as well, you will loose some punch with the clutch setup so it might need a lower tooth count and then add a little turbo to get back top speed to suit your track if needed.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thinking about getting the reds v8 2100kv and the reds ttx pro esc thoughts?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ravage
I used to run the reds stuff, nice gear but unless you are running on a big open track I would get the 1900kv, its anice ballance of power and speed for most tracks
Old 04-28-2017, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Some tuning Qs

Hey guys... got my SCTE dialed. But started running my new 4.0 8ight E about 3 weeks ago and have some good things happening, but also have a few issues i wanted to ask about.

Im running green green springs and 525 front 450 rear. Diffs are 10-10-3. Traction is great. One thing I've noticed is when I land off jumps I have to concentrate on landing all 4 wheels perfectly evenly (or close to it) or the car gets swirly on the landing.(maybe its just a losi thing??) Not sure

Also, my front end seems very soft. I tried moving the shocks to the outer hole on the arm, and it stiffened it up some. But still seems to sit low and feels soft.

I have the aftermarket PK modded D Block with 1 degree down in the C block. The car pushes bad entering turns. I need more steering. What can i do to get more off power steering?

Is 3000 too light in the rear diff? Running loose loamy outdoors.

Any help suggestions would be great.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

I am running 2000 in rear diff and helps with rear end stability on the loose stuff.try the black front springs and may need to go up to 550 to compensate stiffer rate but try with current oil first....also try 7000 or even 5000 in front diff to help off power steering, also run the front spindles in the up position....it helps steering on power and in mid corner i felt. I also noticed the TLR likes a rear ride height a couple of millimeters higher than the front....and setup car with full droop all round when running the spindles up and the rear D bracket mod...

Aaron
Old 05-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
Hey guys... got my SCTE dialed. But started running my new 4.0 8ight E about 3 weeks ago and have some good things happening, but also have a few issues i wanted to ask about.

Im running green green springs and 525 front 450 rear. Diffs are 10-10-3. Traction is great. One thing I've noticed is when I land off jumps I have to concentrate on landing all 4 wheels perfectly evenly (or close to it) or the car gets swirly on the landing.(maybe its just a losi thing??) Not sure

Also, my front end seems very soft. I tried moving the shocks to the outer hole on the arm, and it stiffened it up some. But still seems to sit low and feels soft.

I have the aftermarket PK modded D Block with 1 degree down in the C block. The car pushes bad entering turns. I need more steering. What can i do to get more off power steering?

Is 3000 too light in the rear diff? Running loose loamy outdoors.

Any help suggestions would be great.
You could try more toe out. Also 0 degree offset on motor mount.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Changing Spindle Height

I need to clarify how the spindle height is changed. The set-up sheets only list a Low and a High settings. But isn't there really a Low, Middle and High? There is a plastic washer on the bottom and on the top of the spindle and that is the middle position, correct? In order to move the spindle up, you would put both plastic washers on the bottom? And vice/versa to move the spindle down? Or am I not understanding how the spindle height is adjusted?
Old 05-06-2017, 11:53 PM
dtr
Tech Master

The two washers go into two different slots on the spindle, one below the hub and one above. So either both low or both high.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ravage
I agree with above post. 1900kv works for me at 99% of the places I go. Reds is some Great equipment. We have had good luck with the SMC 1900kv, $70.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been acquiring parts for my setup and i've only to settle on a motor.

I was going to go with a TEKIN T8 GEN2 1900Kv or 2050kv but i don't think its able to be ran at 6S. Can anyone confirm this?

And if my suspicions are accurate and they can't be run on 6S, would anyone have other suggestions for motors i can consider?

I have a the TEKIN RX8 GEN3 ESC on the way so thats locked in.

Just for bashing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.