Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How Much Should I Pay For A... >

How Much Should I Pay For A...

How Much Should I Pay For A...

Old 01-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default How Much Should I Pay For A...

...used Traxxas Slash 4x4? It's the VXL brushless, LCG chassis, TQi radio. Just doesn't have a battery and charger.

The lowest the guy said he would go is $260 and it looks like it's in really good condition. He said he hasn't ran it much.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nickerz View Post
...used Traxxas Slash 4x4? It's the VXL brushless, LCG chassis, TQi radio. Just doesn't have a battery and charger.

The lowest the guy said he would go is $260 and it looks like it's in really good condition. He said he hasn't ran it much.
The battery/charger that comes with the slash sucks anyway so there is really no added value if it was included. My general rule is look what it goes for new and cut the price in half for a starting point. Used RC never hold a value so you can usually get good deals. If it looks like good condition and runs pay what you feel comfortable with. If your buying online start low cause you never know what problems your buying. If it's a local purchase make sure you drive it and listen for odd sounds in the gears, the mesh, and the motor. If it sounds good it has probably been maintained decent.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TraumaChaser View Post
The battery/charger that comes with the slash sucks anyway so there is really no added value if it was included. My general rule is look what it goes for new and cut the price in half for a starting point. Used RC never hold a value so you can usually get good deals. If it looks like good condition and runs pay what you feel comfortable with. If your buying online start low cause you never know what problems your buying. If it's a local purchase make sure you drive it and listen for odd sounds in the gears, the mesh, and the motor. If it sounds good it has probably been maintained decent.
Thx and good point about the battery and charger (as I already have the best charger for the money...that being the iCharger 206B ;-)

I'll see if I can get it for a lower price. I'm loving my 2wd, so should I spend the extra money on a 4x4? My 2wd will get stuck often so I'm assuming the 4x4 will make a huge difference?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

usually when i can't find a good price to go with on an offer, I will see what they have sold for on ebay and compare the highs and the lows to come up with something to offer.

I also take into account what kind of usage the vehicle will most likely have had, as some vehicles are more prone to being bashed than raced, and hence will be rougher in condition than a race one.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ask in the Slash 4x4 thread? They own them, and I'm sure many of those guys bought used.

Have you looked in the FS forum to see the average asking price? have you looked on eBay to see what guys are asking and how much they have actually sold for?

Or should we just do all of the above for you and let you know?

$260 might be a deal, it might not. YOU decide.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Or should we just do all of the above for you and let you know?
That would be great thanks!

Seriously though, thanks for the help Cain! Too bad we can't rate other members for helping on here. Would be nice to help them for helping us. How about you work on setting that up Super Mod Racer1812.....?