Hey!!!

My brick has a Trinty Monster Stock!!!

Very good motor for a 'brick'.
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A TC4 conversion to off-road is that even possible. I can't picture that little thing on the dirt tracks. why not just buy a B4. i guess it would be pretty kewl to see the tc4 flying off a nice tabletop or double bank but it is sure better off on the asphalt
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

According to Associated, the only parts interchangeable between the TC3/TC4 are the Chassis braces, steering knuckles, rear hub carriers, shock towers, shafts and drive cups. This might be a much more difficult task with a TC4
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

well.... get a TC3 roller for cheap... lol
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P
If you are interested in a shaft driven, Associated differential car. There is only ONE way to go. JConcepts BJ4.

I agree, the JConcepts car uses the TC3 chassis and drive train, all around the best way to go. I've heard so many bad things about the durability of the XX 4 and the XXX4, one guy told me that he jumped is XXX 4 G+ and didn't even land all that hard and cracked the chassis in half, and another guy last night at the track was racing his XX 4 and cracked the front shock tower on a normal landing, coincidentially, right after the guy who cracked the chassis on his XXX 4 G+ told me about his perils with it. I hear Kyosho is commin out with a 4x4 buggy too, supposed to be a pretty good car.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The XXX4 is plenty durable. It's built to be a race car, not a crash car. When I look at cars like the vaunted BJ4 with all those graphite parts, you gotta think it's fragile when crashed hard too. Lets not forget stock motors suck in a 4wd and I'd bet most people are running mod. Speed kills!

I am sort of psyched about the XXX4 because if it sucks as hard as people say it does, when I switch cars I'm going to be faster! I love 4wd!

Yea and on topic, that TC3 O conversion looks crazy. I wonder if the A Arms are proprietary. They look non standard.
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:58 PM   #22
Tech Elite

see, your said it yourself, lots graphite parts makes things more fragile. And yes, most guys run mod motors in their XXX4's, which means they are really fast, and harder to control, hence crashing more, hence breaking parts. The only guys i've ever seen go a full race without crashing one are the factory drivers. XXX4 is a great factory driver car, not really good for the typical club racer.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mustang2 Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang2

You would come out alot cheaper if you buy a T4 or B4....
Mustang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I run a xxx4 G+ and have had great results with durability. I run a novak ss5800 in it which gives me plenty of speed for crashing..lol.

I've had good luck with the durabilty of the buggy. Most have stated that to make it a bit more bulletproof take two of the front and rear shock towers and CA them together. you will need some longer screws to mount it up but it increases the durability by far to the commonly stressed parts on most buggies. (exposed frt shock tower) I haven't done this as of yet and due to me posting this I should get it done asap. Another good tip is to take all the carbon/graphite parts and "paint" them with CA glue. Take a Q-tip and soak it in CA and paint the edges of the parts. This reduces any chances of the material delaminating.

Where I run there are a few XXX4's, XX4, and a BJ4. I've seen them all break and I've seen them all excel. I will say from my point of view, not actual driving, that the BJ4 seems to have a bit better steering whereas the xxx4 seems to push a bit more. It just changes your driving style a bit.

I guess your best bet when considering buggy's would be to see if you can find any to test drive at your local track. Another great idea is to see what you LHS stocks as that can make the long term racing fun much better. If you have to wait 6+ days for parts every time you may miss some races.

Good luck either way. It's a super fun class with amazing speeds and awesome traction/handling. I will also say that I usually run on more technical tracks which also help in reducing some of the speeds. (helps with durability in crashes as I'm going slower)

Oh, one other thing. If you watch a race with a few different models of 4wd's you WILL notice that the XXX4 slaps louder on landings than other brands. I've never seen a chassis break in half as stated above and the buggy just takes and takes it. (not stating the above post is false, just what I've seen) In an older review of the XXX4G+ in one of the mag's it even stated the same thing.

Good luck!
DX3R w/ SR3100's & Gens Ace Batteries
Now, to be able to drive, priceless
eri3f0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eri3f0g
Most have stated that to make it a bit more bulletproof take two of the front and rear shock towers and CA them together.
I too have heard the same thing from multiple sources.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:03 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssocRacer
see, your said it yourself, lots graphite parts makes things more fragile. And yes, most guys run mod motors in their XXX4's, which means they are really fast, and harder to control, hence crashing more, hence breaking parts. The only guys i've ever seen go a full race without crashing one are the factory drivers. XXX4 is a great factory driver car, not really good for the typical club racer.
Where do you race at, I wanna go there! Where I race we run 2wd Mod buggy and if you wreck once you might as well forget about winning. In a 15 min gas main if I screw up more than once or twice I'm a lap down. I guess competition is different all over the country.

On topic I would go with a BJ4 personally over a TC3 "O" conversion, the BJ4 is a proven winner, I drove somebody's and it was awesome!
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:33 AM   #27
Tech Elite

2wd Mod buggy is a little different then what we are talking about. In that case, the guys who drive them don't crash much either cause if they do, hopes of winning the race go down the tubes. As far as what track i race it, it's now the new home track of Billy Easton see if you can figure it out
Old 11-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
2wd Mod buggy is a little different then what we are talking about. In that case, the guys who drive them don't crash much either cause if they do, hopes of winning the race go down the tubes. As far as what track i race it, it's now the new home track of Billy Easton see if you can figure it out
I can figure it out easily but I won't tell. I would go with a new/used BJ4 if you can afford it or the TC3 OV2 conversion.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
I can figure it out easily but I won't tell. I would go with a new/used BJ4 if you can afford it or the TC3 OV2 conversion.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Heh, if you are who I think you are, i'm quite surprised that your actually recommending a car other than a Losi
Old 11-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

Quote:
Heh, if you are who I think you are, i'm quite surprised that your actually recommending a car other than a Losi
WOAH WOAH WOAH BUDDY!!!

lol.... yeah, i must admit, the XXX4 is a little well, um, like a girl.
But on certain track,s it dominates, because it is derived from a TC. My track is smooth, tight, and not too many jumps. Therefor, the XXX4 dominates. I have ran my Kyosho out there, and it runs god, much more durable, but it is a itle slower.

Go with whatever fits your track better. The XXX4 works on smooth, high bite, fast tracks, and everything else, well, works on everything else!
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote