Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
LOL, just to keep the rumor pot stirred, I like many of you, received my Amain summer catalog today. Guess what IS NOT in it anywhere? Team Durango! Not one mention of it. Now that's most likely due to the fact they have none in stock, so why take up valuable advertising space for something you don't have to sell. But let's throw common sense out the window.

No Team Durango cars advertised within AmainHobbies' Summer Catalog......

WHAT COULD IT MEAN?

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN LOL
The chinese manufacture factory/company for Axial filed bankruptcy early this year (or late last year), that's why axial kits/parts are getting low on stock. (axial is fine, they just need to find new factory to manufacture for them)
Axial and TD are both owned by the same company (greatplanes), I guess TD's production also had a big impact?

DEX410's front arm has been out of stock for months, and the expected date just delayed from early June to early July...

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 06-02-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is durango really going out of business? I just bought a dex8t
Old 06-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

put it this way, if you bought one brand new and have not opened it, Idon't think anyone here will beat you up on it if you return it.

If you choose to keep it, stock up on parts that don't have an arrma equivalent.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Doesn't seem like much interest in people buying the used one I have so I'd say just run it til you can't fix it anymore. It is a pretty durable car anyways.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morjamn
Active on another note , I have read very bad reviews but I ordered the TE SC pro 4x4 sway bar and they said it was not in stock and of course I paid all ready. So I replied to cancel and it took several days but they refunded my money !
Back to topic , I hope that TD survives this shake up. Now if I was a big company in RC I would buy the rights to build these cars !
Can you imagine if Associated bought Durango and slowly phased in the 410 as the their wheeler???

It would make better sense if TLR bought them and phased out their wheeler for the 410 so they could have a modern day tech car. The 22-4 is still quite smooth, but its design is dated which leads to its heft.
morjamn likes this.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Can you imagine if Associated bought Durango and slowly phased in the 410 as the their wheeler???

It would make better sense if TLR bought them and phased out their wheeler for the 410 so they could have a modern day tech car. The 22-4 is still quite smooth, but its design is dated which leads to its heft.
nah, not possible.
AE just published B64, they already invested so much developing it (copying xb4), no chance they will acquire another company for a wheeler.
TLR already got a solid engineering team, with a decent product, they even designed their 2wd and 4wd buggy to share parts.

*especially considering the real dex410v5 is the serpent sdx4. (read their manual, same gene, with all the improvement a dex410 should have done)
Old 06-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

If only Serpent had a 4wd SCT.... Wait, I don't think they have a racing truck either... Oh well. I've said this before but that is how I choose a brand to pursue, who has a complete line up. I run every class so I need it. Having always been an AE guy I just can't bring myself to run TLR. That's like working in the Israeli government for years and suddenly getting a job with the Iranian government... No.

The couple Team C cars I picked up are promising. The buggy I ran last week, TC02C TE EVO, was pretty damn good out of the box. But they have little support here. Less than Durango even.

Funny thing, NO ONE responds to me when I write emails asking about Durango. Not Amain, not Hobbico, not anyone. I was surprised with Amain, their customer service is usually first class. I was asking about Orion 1/8 stuff and happened to mention Durango in the last paragraph.... Instant black hole I guess. The Daemon mail server catches the word Durango and immediately sends it to spam.
morjamn likes this.

Last edited by Alan_r; 06-05-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I wrote like a current high school graduate.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone looking for a bodyshell? Pm me if interested
Attached Thumbnails New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-dsc05590.jpg  
Old 06-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by type49rs
PM sent! This is slowly working out. I do not see why I won't have every body ready to send to TBG this fall. So far I have:

DEX210V1
DEX210V2

DEX410R
DEX410V4

DEST210R
DESC210R
DESC410R/V2

DEX408
DNX408

DEX8
DNX8

STILL NEED:

DEX410V5

DEX408T
DNX408T

DEX8T

DESC10

DEX210V3

I was about to buy another V5 kit just for the body... I knew they are out there. It's just hard to get the word out to the people that may have them.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by type49rs
Just in case you have no idea what I'm talking about:

From the DEX210 thread, post 19117

BODY BODY BODY!
Solution found for the hard to find bodies:

DEX210V2 cab forward

DEX210V3

DEX410V5

DEST210R. YES. DEST

and any other Durango body that we can't get anymore.

This will be a permanent solution. They will be made to order and available always.

Now the catch, I need to send them uncut bodies for anything we need them to have. I unfortunately cut all mine to use this season. They only do new molds in the winter, cutoff date for this year is March 31st..Im going to try and meet this deadline even if I have to buy NIB kits to pillage from. This would be easier though if I can find just the body's again. Team Blue Groove out of Canada will send the body's I give them back, along with samples of the reproductions, so I would be able to give the body's back to who ever can help here. If we can't meet the deadline we'll have to wait until next winter. THIS WILL SOLVE OUR ISSUES PERMANENTLY!

They are a solid company that has been in business for a long time. I've been buying repro bodies from them for my Tamiya and RC10's for a long time. The repro's are as good as the originals, sometimes a little stronger.

PM me if you can help.

Like I said, if we can't come up with at least the DEX210V3, DEX410V5 and DEST210R by the last couple of days in this month, I'll bite the bullet and buy those kits NIB and raid them. I'd rather not have to do that though, I've got enough spares parts already.

There's also some discussion following that post. We were unable to meet the March 31 deadline but it's looking real good for the fall.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Alan_r,

If you are interested I have a brand new kit of Dex410v5 (NIB), please send me a private message in case you may need further information.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Alan_r
PM sent! This is slowly working out. I do not see why I won't have every body ready to send to TBG this fall. So far I have:

DEX210V1
DEX210V2

DEX410R
DEX410V4

DEST210R
DESC210R
DESC410R/V2

DEX408
DNX408

DEX8
DNX8

STILL NEED:

DEX410V5

DEX408T
DNX408T

DEX8T

DESC10

DEX210V3

I was about to buy another V5 kit just for the body... I knew they are out there. It's just hard to get the word out to the people that may have them.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Now if we can just find someone to make a arms and other shit that breaks. Lol. Thaks Alan though
Old 06-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pekr.da.skurl
Now if we can just find someone to make a arms and other shit that breaks. Lol. Thaks Alan though
Front arms for the Serpent SDX4 could be made to fit. Outer hinge pin may be a bit larger in diameter.
Anyway I just received an email from Tower Hobbies saying the body is no longer available and looked at their site, and the DEX410v5 is discontinued, so are all the other parts that are were on back order.
What a shame, such a good car.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lynx75
Hi Alan_r,

If you are interested I have a brand new kit of Dex410v5 (NIB), please send me a private message in case you may need further information.
Thanks.
Thanks bud I do appreciate the offer, thankfully 49 helped me out an prevented me from having to buy a complete kit just for the body. Now if you've got a 210V3 let's talk. Still need that body.

On a positive note now that I've puked negativity in all TD threads except this one, two weeks ago my 410v5 fragged the front diff, which led to a high speed nose dive which broke a shock mount 4-40 screw clean off and cracked my oh so precious kit body. I've been having issues with this car for a while now. Come to think of it, while I do have the setup sorted out nicely, there have been mechanical gremlins since day one.

Issue one- The car does not have that rocket ship pulling power that the Orion 6.5 should be giving it. Solution leads into issue two.

Issue two- halfway down the long straight, right after the car has finally started pulling hard, the sound changes and it stops pulling. By this time it's time for brakes so I can drive around it.
Solution- There's only one thing that can do this, something my B44.3 that I'm comparing it to doesn't have... A slipper. I've started at kit settings and have been gradually been tightening it up a quarter turn at a time. I've disassembled the whole thing and replaced the pads while using alcohol wipes on all metal surfaces. So far, no change. Still working this.

Issue three- since the beginning, the front diff has been acting weird. Sometimes when applying power in the middle of a tight turn the car acts like you shifted it into neutral. Other times one wheel will momentarily lock up. As you can guess, this causes all kinds of handling problems. I've rebuilt it three times (easy to do), tried factory spec shimming, tried my own experience shimming. No change. The way it acts you would expect carnage inside the front diff. It even sounds horrible. It acts like a OWB only in reverse... Yet, nothing at all appears wrong with any of the components in the front diff. Nothing is hitting anything... Well last week or so both front wheels locked up at high speed. Enough is enough. I can't recreate the issue in the bench either.
Solution- I ordered the aluminum gear shafts and metal 9t and 14t gears and rebuilt the diff this way. I never liked the idea of plastic gears in one of these cars. To much violence and power. Plus this diff never really felt right to me. Now it does with the metal gears. Hopefully monsoon season ends here soon so I can test this. Needless to say I haven't raced this car yet because I can't get it to finish a battery without one of those three issues popping up. 4wd mod buggy is brutal here so the car has to be right or it's not worth showing up.

I'm not sold on the center slipper and diff combo. I thought i saw a slipper eliminator somewhere for this car?
Old 06-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Some really weird issues going on there Alan. I also ran an orion 6.5 in mine and had no issues whatsoever.....infact there are 4 of them at my local track and they've all been ok. Keep us updated....really keen to hear what you find.

Has the body arrived yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.