Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Alright Guys, Team Durango has their new DEX410V5 Wheeler out and tearing up the track! The biggest reason for the new thread is that this is a new car. Everything behind the steering has been redesigned to make this car better in all racing conditions. I've built my car and Team Durango put a lot of time and effort into offering its best car yet. It comes with a large amount of upgrades that none of the versions had before it. This will be the place for positive discussion about the car and where we can be helpful to each other and put ourselves and this car out front. Never be afraid to ask a questions, these things only get better with time. Enough with me rambling, here are the Team Durango DEX410V5.....

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex410v5/

New and Old:

This new car actually uses the same shock tower as the old DEX410 2010 spec. On the right is the V5 front tower, and the left is the 2010. This is considered to be a stronger shock tower then the fine tunes that came after it. Although, since the front end stayed the same the fine tune can still be a tuning option if necessary.

Another great upgrade to this new car is in the front and rear diffs. Now included are the machined ring gears that were previously just an option. They also include the 4X2 S40 O-rings to keep the diffs sealed up tighter but still offer very smooth action.

One thing that I started to do with my diffs is prefilling them before I put the center gears in. I feel like this makes sure the diff is completely filled on the bottom half and when you put the center gears in you have an accurate level that you can just top off.

I also wanted to show the difference between wheels for the front of the car.

Pic one: Exotek 12MM Hexes and TLR 22-4 front wheels - 9-11/16" Wide

Pic 2: DE Speedline wheels with stock 14mm hexes - 9-1/2" Wide

Pic 3: Team Durango Stock Wheels with stock 14mm Hex - Just under 9-1/2" Wide

Another little thing I think was a good upgrade and I did right off the bat, was the Exotek slipper eliminator. It was originally meant for the DESC410 4WD SC but since I run carpet and big mod motors. I didn't want the slip I could still see happening with the slipper assembly cranked all the way down. To each their own, but I think its a good option.

Another thing that killer about this car is the option to run the V4 slipper if you want. When I get more information about doing this I'll update this portion of the thread. -

Necessary Hop-Up:

Exotek Wing Mounts - Because of the thin wall on the stock wing mounts, breakage can be an issue if your on a big track. To alleviate the issue Exotek came out with alloy wing mounts that fix the problem permanently. Here is the link to their web site:

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex410v5...ount-set-7075/

Team Durango's Leo Lorenzen Tip for Keeping the Rear Ball Stud in Place

http://durangofansite.com/main.php?v..._Hub_Ballstuds

Last edited by Laker67; 08-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Very nice ride... I had the chance to look at Travis' in Ohio a couple weeks ago....very solid looking car
Old 01-20-2016, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Any videos on this car yet?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I assume the diffs and shocks are the only things that are in common with the v4

Uni's....yes/no...?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
Very nice ride... I had the chance to look at Travis' in Ohio a couple weeks ago....very solid looking car
I thought Durango offloaded their drivers
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cool senior
Any videos on this car yet?
I haven't seen anything yet, but if anyone has some video we should get it posted up!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker
I assume the diffs and shocks are the only things that are in common with the v4

Uni's....yes/no...?
The car will have the universals down the middle but CVA's to the wheels. Since it runs the multil length rear axles I'm not sure how it would work putting universals on this car. I have a set for my V4 and will let you know if they'll work with when I get it built.

As far as what it shares with the current V4 is should be the front arms, steering rack, front bulkhead, diffs, castor blocks, front spindles, and shocks.

Last edited by Laker67; 01-20-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

subscribed!

For the slipper pads, are these something already out in the wild? curious as if I got one of these, would love to get RC Shox to make some, if not already available.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
subscribed!

For the slipper pads, are these something already out in the wild? curious as if I got one of these, would love to get RC Shox to make some, if not already available.
Cain, slipper pads looks like as are the same as all of the previus 1/10 scale TD cars.
The older octagon AE and Schumacher pads fited in my 410 and the 210V1, even used the AE HD-pads!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Uni's....yes/no...?
Rear shocks are shorter, than the previus models! The V5 and the 210F uses 29mm stroke bodys and 50mm shock shafts at the rear.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by micholix
Cain, slipper pads looks like as are the same as all of the previus 1/10 scale TD cars.
The older octagon AE and Schumacher pads fited in my 410 and the 210V1, even used the AE HD-pads!
good stuff. looks like I can use the garolites from RC Shox then if I get one.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I thought Durango offloaded their drivers
Travis and JP Richards are the only top tier drivers... Both looked very good in Ohio a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

As I will be using this car for Stock 17.5 class, I will more than likely not use the center diff. Team durango site mentions

"With the option to also run a standard slipper assembly in the same position, you can master this area of traction tuning easily".

But doesn't state if its included in the box or if its a option part purchased Separately. Or maybe its the same as the 2 way slipper from the V4?.. that would be fine as I already have the V4!

Adrian
Old 01-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ASH93A
As I will be using this car for Stock 17.5 class, I will more than likely not use the center diff. Team durango site mentions

"With the option to also run a standard slipper assembly in the same position, you can master this area of traction tuning easily".

But doesn't state if its included in the box or if its a option part purchased Separately. Or maybe its the same as the 2 way slipper from the V4?.. that would be fine as I already have the V4!

Adrian
I think, its the 2 way slipper, like the v4, but you have to be carefully, as the v5 does use those drive shaft blades on the center drive shafts, like the tc cars use, so may the slot for the drive shaft pin is different in diameter?

Last edited by micholix; 01-20-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:52 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ASH93A

Adrian
Got vids of the class you run? be cool to see what 17.5 looks like for 1/10 4wd buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.