Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi All, I've had a number of people email regarding availability of our wing mounts. It was discontinued but we've decided to go ahead and make about 40 more sets. If interested in these please add your email to the in stock notify list here. We expect a limited supply around mid August.

Thanks!

DEX410v5/ DEX210F WING MOUNT SET, 7075 - Exotek Racing
Great to hear you are listening to the peeps Mike !
​​​​​​​ I've already got two sets (had to scour the earth for 'em! LOL).. was curious about one thing; the hole under each looks like they are placed to be used to bolt a cross beam for further bracing/strengthening... like a lipo bracing post .... is there a post you can make or recommend to suite this purpose ? (is it necessary ? - additional bracing I mean- haven't run my V5 in anger yet)
Old 07-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I replaced one the the center shafts on this car with one off a Yz4 Sf. It was a direct fit to the bevel gear. I replaced the 65 rear shaft with a 71mm Yokomo shaft. They are with there joint the same length.
ridgeracer likes this.

Last edited by Pekr.da.skurl; 07-25-2018 at 02:54 AM. Reason: add on
Old 08-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Mike, I’m ready to pickup a few sets of those wing mounts. Please let us know how they are coming along. I added my email to your waiting list at the exotek site.
Thanks, Daniel
MikeR likes this.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Exotek wing mounts are in stock
Old 10-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Looking for a part

If anyone has a 2 way slipper assembly for sale please let me know via email at [email protected]
thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Curious if you guys can help me figure out what version my dex410 is. Thanks. Really sucks that Durango is gone!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mocrawlin

Curious if you guys can help me figure out what version my dex410 is. Thanks. Really sucks that Durango is gone!
hi, this seems to be e mix of some different versions, the chassis, front and rear end was the same from v1 to v4, what you have, is a v3 with some hop ups, or a v4, hard to tell!?
the shock towers in the front looks like plastik(from the v1„r“ version) and the rear shock tower looks like metall (i only know that the 410 sc truck had metall shock towers), all dex410 had cf shock towers.

some modifications from the v3 to the v4 where, that the v4 had center u-joints, v3 had cvd‘s, v4 had the two-way slipper, compared to v3 with the standard slipper, v4 had 19 or 21 deg front hubs, where the v3 had 17 deg hubs.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by micholix

hi, this seems to be e mix of some different versions, the chassis, front and rear end was the same from v1 to v4, what you have, is a v3 with some hop ups, or a v4, hard to tell!?
the shock towers in the front looks like plastik(from the v1„r“ version) and the rear shock tower looks like metall (i only know that the 410 sc truck had metall shock towers), all dex410 had cf shock towers.

some modifications from the v3 to the v4 where, that the v4 had center u-joints, v3 had cvd‘s, v4 had the two-way slipper, compared to v3 with the standard slipper, v4 had 19 or 21 deg front hubs, where the v3 had 17 deg hubs.
Thank you. I am pretty sure its a V4 also. Amd the guy that originally had the car was always buying what he knew worked best and putting on it. Yes that rear tower came off a SC, his SC caught fire at the track one night and this shock tower has a couple spots of melted on plastic from that. LoL
Old 04-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by micholix

13.5 blinky with shorty pack conversion, what's a good place to start with pinion size? Has 87t spur in the 2way slipper.

And whats a 2 way slipper? Slips under braking?
Old 04-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

I also have an 81t spur.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

13.5 blinky with shorty pack conversion, what's a good place to start with pinion size? Has 87t spur in the 2way slipper.

And whats a 2 way slipper? Slips under braking?

Sorry, i cant answer the question about blinky, i always ran mod with sattle packs!

The two way slipper from Team Durango was a great idea, the slipper acts front and rear indpendently, so you can fine tune the slipper, with different slipper pads front and rear, or you put some holes in the pads, for less drag, at the end you want less slipping action.

it kind is built like a ball diff, with the spur gear in the middle..

i was using AE HD slipper pads in it and put some holes in the pads, with a leather belt punch.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
two way slipper.bmp (2.46 MB, 241 views)
Old 04-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thank you. I am pretty sure its a V4 also. Amd the guy that originally had the car was always buying what he knew worked best and putting on it. Yes that rear tower came off a SC, his SC caught fire at the track one night and this shock tower has a couple spots of melted on plastic from that. LoL
I'd venture to say this is a V3 upgraded to the V4 for the simple fact the motor mount is gold in color compared to the gray color of the shock bodies.
But they're the same vehicle if dawning the exact same parts. Best Wheeler ever made IMPO, and certainly the most revolutionary and practical design of all time.
Everything is so well thought out and even more exquisitely engineered. If I had the finances, I'd buy the design and re-introduce it with later developments/update and then
sponsor a couple of top drivers so the world can see how elite this kit truly is. Ryan Lutz is a great driver, but they needed one of the Ryan's piloting this thing and they would have spanked the cars they were racing against, many of which actually ran Durango hardware underneath the lid.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Any DEX410 V5 roller or rtr for sale? I'm looking for one
Thanks in advance

Last edited by manuelargentina; 01-11-2021 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Any DEX410 V5 roller for sale please PM me. thanks