Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Alright, well hours later and everything was completely disassembled, cleaned and checked. Nothing. Nada. Nix nine.

I still don't like those darn plastic diff gears. That just seems cheap to me. Though I'm aware modern plastics are very durable. These may get upgraded to the older, metal versions down the road.

So now I'm putting it back together again. One change that I did wasn't add the gear diff main seals (gasket),TD310251 to all the diff cases. The diffs always felt a tiny bit tighter than I wanted when assembled. With the addition of the thin gasket, an additional .47mm of clearance between the bevel gear and center cross pins made them that much smoother. I had thought about it when I first assembled it, but I always like to try things the factory way first. It's probably going to be to late tonight once I get it all back together, so tomorrow I'll drive it around the street and see what happens. If the issue is still there, I'll start swapping components.

Still baffled. No idea. Does anyone make an upgraded slipper pad for this car? I wish Rcshox was still doing stuff for Durango. I don't see the Garodisc for AE on his website anymore either.

Man, this has been a difficult year. All I want to do is race my new lineup. Between parts shortages, setup issues and mechanical issues with the cars.... If I was new to RC, I'd be hanging it up.. Lol

Oh well, onward. Hopefully I can get somewhere tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yes you want Mckune pads.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mckune-...r10016/p473584
Old 02-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
Got it, thanks. I'll give them a try. Stock Durango slipper pads don't seem to have the same.. Er..."freshness?" that AE slipper pads have. They remind me of stale coffee wafers. They seem to glaze up really quickly. Shelf life maybe?

This week's race isn't an important one so I'm running my AE cars. I'm going to spend the next few weeks trying to get the DEX210V3 fine tuned, the DEX410V5 fixed and tuned plus assemble and maiden the DESC410V2. Hopefully I'll have them ready by next months points race....
Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Alan, i used to use ae hd slipper pads in my 210! Its a tight fit and may you have to cut it a little bit, but they work well...

Hope that helps?

Mike
Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by micholix
Alan, i used to use ae hd slipper pads in my 210! Its a tight fit and may you have to cut it a little bit, but they work well...

Hope that helps?

Mike
I had read that earlier and considered cutting a set down to fit. I have a few packs of new slipper pads and for what they cost, figured I'd use them up first.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Legend

yeah you can use the AE pads no prob. Heck, I was using AE RC Shox garolites for awhile on my dex210v$ buggy no issues.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default slipper

i run a very slippery track and see no need to use slipper for much more than loose enough to keep something from breaking.i also went with 85gr springs on front and weight in rear like cain did by putting speedo there can was great! I am determined to drive it for this season have a backup car and tons of parts hopefully they will make more!

Last edited by Fuzzchop; 02-09-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Legend

yeah mine sold today. The guy should be quite happy lots of parts, great deal.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

I have a probelm with the spur gear on my dex410v5. Ive shelled two spur gears without any reason. I drive my car all saturday with no issue, on sunday during after the first heat one spur gone. The motor was in the same position, the pinion is new. What I've discored the center diff has a lot of play between the two centre mounts so I ve shimmed a bit this axial plays. The problem still persists unfortunately. I still need to understand where the problem is, so I am wondering if someone has my same problem with spur gear / center diff.

I am running on carpet surface.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have my center diff shimmed in the mount as well to remove some of the play. No issues with spur's so far.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by lynx75
I have a probelm with the spur gear on my dex410v5. Ive shelled two spur gears without any reason. I drive my car all saturday with no issue, on sunday during after the first heat one spur gone. The motor was in the same position, the pinion is new. What I've discored the center diff has a lot of play between the two centre mounts so I ve shimmed a bit this axial plays. The problem still persists unfortunately. I still need to understand where the problem is, so I am wondering if someone has my same problem with spur gear / center diff.

I am running on carpet surface.

Thanks
Maybe you are a victim of chassis flex? The part that holds the diffs still is only a piece of plastic. If someone was inclined to, I wonder if a more solution top deck for the mount could be made.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah mine sold today. The guy should be quite happy lots of parts, great deal.
So that's it for you isn't it? No more Durango's and running AE instead?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Alan_r
So that's it for you isn't it? No more Durango's and running AE instead?
pretty much. I run AE for 2wd and Hot Bodies for 4wd as it was cheap to find one for my daughter and myself.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah it's fun making a brand change from time to time, keeps things fresh and interesting. I've been drinking AE kool-aid for so long that I forgot what other flavors taste like. Lol. I must admit though, having experienced a few other brands over the last 6 months, in most cases, AE products are the standard. It's the little things for me.

Anyway, I finally got the 410v5 to the track again after tearing it down looking for whatever was causing the problem. Nothing was found.

So three batteries were ran today with no issues. The car ran great. The only issue was trying to get the nose down when launching over large triples. Adjusting the rear ride height and even when letting off the throttle right at the peak had little effect. The next step is cutting down the wing some, it's cut along the lines leaving a large downforce providing area at the very back. I also need to add a slight amount of pack to the shocks, it's very close though. So this one looks to be a success. Time will tell.

So at this point I'm 2/5 as far as calling them good enough to compete. Both SCT's still need work and the 2wd buggies are almost there..
Old 02-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Legend

funny how a rebuild can fix things at times lol.

what are you running as your setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.