Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laker67
Sorry I've disappeared for a while guys. We've been opening a new business and I'm wiped by the end of the day. JRslash and Cain, if you guys want me to send you my V5 carpet setup pm my your emails. I tried to post it up here a while back and the file is to big and I'm not computer literate enough to compress it.

So JR did you break the front bulkhead in the crash then or the front diff cover the keeps the diff in the bulkhead? In just curious. I've broken bulkheads but not the front cover peice before.
Luckily no. I had the v3 and that was the reason I sold it. I broke 3 or 4 bulkheads. Two of them on the same race. Only think broke on my v5 was the left a-arm, hinge pin and the shock cap. The FR hinge pin holder has damage but I think it will hold the pin just fine or at least I hope. The rear diff holder I think is unrelated to that crash; but it did broke.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Gang!

They are in now but you will want to order it this week as Exotek will be closed next week for vacation
Attached Thumbnails New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-dsc_1255.jpg   New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-dsc_1260.jpg  
Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Haha you beat me to it Mike! I'll get these posted up on the front page as must have for this and the 210F! Thanks for the support!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Guys, need to check, waht do you recommend for the diff fluids for dusty loose small to medium track? also bumpy. what shock fluids for front and rear. will be buying the kit now. tnxs
Old 07-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does any company makes the rear diff holder in aluminum? I broke mine on the first run and made one myself out of aluminum but would like to know is anyone makes a nice one like Exotek.
Got my exotek wing mount!!! thanks for supporting the v5 exotek.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slow_jun
Guys, need to check, waht do you recommend for the diff fluids for dusty loose small to medium track? also bumpy. what shock fluids for front and rear. will be buying the kit now. tnxs
I don't race a lot of dusty tracks, but if I was going to take a guess at it I would run the stock setup but would run 7000 front diff, and 7000 or 5000 for the rear. On shock oil I'd probably run 35 in the front and 30 in the rear with 1.6 x 2 Pistons in the front and 1.7 X 2 Pistons in the rear. Just a place to start. I'd also run it in the short setup.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Does any company makes the rear diff holder in aluminum? I broke mine on the first run and made one myself out of aluminum but would like to know is anyone makes a nice one like Exotek.
Got my exotek wing mount!!! thanks for supporting the v5 exotek.
No diff holder I've seen yet. Hopefully soon. I haven't had any issues with the rear hoop yet so hopefully I just got some good ones.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Got my car together today

Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Raced this weekend and the car was just great except from snapping a front axle within 1 minute of practice time... Once replaced for a "loaner front axle" the car felt ok during the heats... I made a few changes and the car just completely changed. Bumped from "D" main to "C" and was 1 second from bumping to the "B". Got caught at the line at 23 6:00. Im sure that If I would of had the car setup right from the beginning I would of finish mid of "B" main or even "A" main. I had the car set up for carpet tho. Very pleased with performance. Also was the first time racing this car on dirt.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
are you talking about that part that looks kind of oval and the diff "slides" into? If so, I had one break if I recall correctly but had a spare.

I agree on the parts tree thing. They really need to take a look at how they are doing this with parts. not everything needs to be on a parts tree. Heck, the Intech guys at least for the lower shock eyes use the same eyelet end and they don't come on part trees.

Mine is still waiting repair but the race I am going to go to on July 23rd I am hoping to see a wheeler class as its the same place where in the winter we ran wheelers. If not, I may just build the wheeler up to be specific for winter season.

Any more news on the exotek rear wing mounts?
Cain,

You obviously don't know how plastic parts work.

Of course you could have someone pull the inidividual part off the tree and package it separately. BUT it would still cost the same as if you were packaging the whole parts tree, because you're still injecting the same mould.

So what would you rather have? A single part for 10$, or the whole parts tree for 10$?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Raced this weekend and the car was just great except from snapping a front axle within 1 minute of practice time... Once replaced for a "loaner front axle" the car felt ok during the heats... I made a few changes and the car just completely changed. Bumped from "D" main to "C" and was 1 second from bumping to the "B". Got caught at the line at 23 6:00. Im sure that If I would of had the car setup right from the beginning I would of finish mid of "B" main or even "A" main. I had the car set up for carpet tho. Very pleased with performance. Also was the first time racing this car on dirt.
How hard was the hit to snap a axle ? I'm trying to find out what parts I need to keep in the box. And for the parts tree eh I have mixed feelings about that. Only thing I did notice was one of the ball cups was broke off the tree so I need to order a set. Sure I could email them and they would fix it
Old 08-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's what's weird. I didn't hit anything, I was giving it throttle and heard a crack/pop noise and there it was... broken front right axle. It broke where the pin goes though andt joins the axle and the shaft. (ill try to post a picture tonight) I ordered 2 from amain. Never had this happened before... I guess there always a first time.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Cain,

You obviously don't know how plastic parts work.

Of course you could have someone pull the inidividual part off the tree and package it separately. BUT it would still cost the same as if you were packaging the whole parts tree, because you're still injecting the same mould.

So what would you rather have? A single part for 10$, or the whole parts tree for 10$?
Actually you must not have read much on what I stated.

The Intech part which is a plastic part has what i wanted for less than what the tree cost, with more specific parts I needed, and not on a tree.

Funny how that works huh?

It doesn't help me to pay $10 for a parts tree when the part I need is only on the tree at best twice and even has parts on the tree that I don't need or are even for the vehicle itself.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

That gets me fired up too. Buying a parts tree that has parts for other cars I don't even own... They could separate parts, and save and recycle the excess plastic and save a few pennies. Some trees have more plastic into the molding channels than in the actual part anyways, some having i.e. 1oz of total plastic and 18gr of that is waste. I get that the molds are expensive and/or labor but come on. They could have improve in the last 5 or 6 years with the same complaints.... just saying.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
Actually you must not have read much on what I stated.

The Intech part which is a plastic part has what i wanted for less than what the tree cost, with more specific parts I needed, and not on a tree.

Funny how that works huh?

It doesn't help me to pay $10 for a parts tree when the part I need is only on the tree at best twice and even has parts on the tree that I don't need or are even for the vehicle itself.
I don't know what Intech has done, maybe they made a very small mold. But that's not cost effective. The point is, they can't make the part individually, so the cost is the same whether you're packaging only the part that you want or all of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.