R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda787b
I belive the CVRX's are pull start engines.

As for the MT12, they are great, but where can a person get one nowadays? I haven't seen them around in a long time.
Sometimes you can find them on ebay once in a while. Can you even get parts for them anymore?
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

All the OS engines with an "X" after the name are pullstart. The x just represents it being pullstart. Seems alot of guys hopped on the TR, and Tz bandwagon when os started with them. Although I've not heard to good of things about the TZ's. CV-R's are tried and true though.

I don't think they make the MT12 now. They at least changed the name of it if it's the same engine I believe. I run an mt12 and love the thing to death. Carb is more consistent than even my os carbs were!!

*edit* Sofast answered that question above. The new name for the revised mt12 is the RN12.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #18

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

Hey, could I get a little feedback from some people that have used, are using, or know someone very well that is using an OS TZ.12? I've heard good and bad things about them it seems, but nothing earthshattering either way...So some imput would be appreciated.....however....I'm NOT just looking for "opinions"...lol. Like I said, I'm looking for direct hands-on feedback.....

Thanks, Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:28 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Peak Diablo .12 is what I use and its a rocket. I payed $79.00 brand new from stromers. I notice that people don't like getting beat by a $79.00 motor.lol
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:41 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Hey, could I get a little feedback from some people that have used, are using, or know someone very well that is using an OS TZ.12? I've heard good and bad things about them it seems, but nothing earthshattering either way...So some imput would be appreciated.....however....I'm NOT just looking for "opinions"...lol. Like I said, I'm looking for direct hands-on feedback.....

Thanks, Brad
They are insane power for nitro truck. Both guys I know that runs them(I ran one of their trucks for a race and know what they mean by) is way overkill. They both have added head shims, dropped down to 15 percent nitro, and still feel they are insane. the motor is smooth, but way too much HP from the bottom all the way to the top.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
They are insane power for nitro truck. Both guys I know that runs them(I ran one of their trucks for a race and know what they mean by) is way overkill. They both have added head shims, dropped down to 15 percent nitro, and still feel they are insane. the motor is smooth, but way too much HP from the bottom all the way to the top.
I had heard that they were pretty darn fast, but had never ran one or seen one run. I had also heard that they didn't hold a tune anywhere near as well as the CVR (which is probably the nature of the beast for a full blown race engine), and a few had told me that they had some problems with burning glow plugs out of them.
Thanks for the imput T.Thomas!!! Anyone else have some info to add for me???

Thanks, Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 12-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

Definately look at the Sirio Evo 2, Mugen MT12 (still), and the Fantom .12's....
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:22 PM   #23

Well, I've got a tz12 on the way, but it's new and I'm not sure I'll keep it. So I was seeing what the scoop was on them before I decided what to do with it.....Thanks for the imput!!!!

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 12-17-2005, 08:30 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

WYLDTHING: The TZ seems more controllable with the Novarossi carb, from what I've seen. It seems a lot smoother (almost like the Sirio), but stilll makes a lot of power. It just gets it to the ground better, instead of spinning the tires. If you keep the motor, try it out!

:: But hey, that's just from what i've seen. All tracks are different, and all carbs are tuned differently........::
Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #25

Savage

Right now (long story), I've got a nova MT.12 that needs a new piston and sleeve, or a pinch, so switching the carbs would be easy enough if I end up keeping it(the nova, or the tz for that matter)...Interesting concept though. I have never had an OS engine before, but I had always heard that the OS carbs were supposed to be some of the best. I wonder what it would be about the nova carb that would smooth it out??

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 12-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

That should work, my buddy says he used the Novarossi MR12 carb, but I'm pretty sure they're the same. Just use the Novarossi o rings and a little sealant, to be on the safe side. OS carbs are easy to tune, but OS just went all out with the TZ and it is just ballistic all over. You could run it as rich as you want, and it'd still break loose. That's great in onroad, but not in a stadium truck. The Novarossi based carbs (especially the RB X12 slide carb!!! Hint Hint.....)seem smoother than the OS slide carbs. I don't know why, you just have to see it in action........
Old 12-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Also, the OS rotary carbs may work, but I haven't tried those yet. They work good in Sirio engines, but I haven't seen one carried over to the TZ. I'd use the CVR rotary carb instead of the TZ rotary carb, just because it is more than likely a lot smoother.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #28

It's got the 11M rotary carb on it, so that should help. The last time I ran 10th gas truck I ran a nova C12 and thought it was pretty fast. I can't imagine this tz being THAT much meaner than that C12 was...lol. I guess maybe I'll just have experience it for myself...lol.
I may have to see about one of the X12 carbs on ebay to....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 12-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #29
Tech Regular

a good stadium truck moter that i ues in my xxx nt in the mach . 18 turbo
i swaped the mach .15

i started to in alot more races!
mattxxx-nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Hey, really take a look at those X12 carbs! They hold a tune well and are very smooth, just like driving an electric car.