Tekin rs pro esc

Old 01-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin rs pro esc

Hey guys, I'm really new to the rc world and hoping I could get a little help/advice. I bought a tuned up Team associated b4.2 from a friend and I love it. He also gave me enough other parts and a second frame to build another. Here's my questions.

1.I have a tekin rs pro esc but no motor. I'm looking online and don't know where to look or more specifically what I'm looking for in a compatible motor for this esc. I am looking for 13.5t brushless or lower and am open to second hand motors if somebody has one but am kind of lost here.

2.im taking it to the beach in a couple weeks and want some good paddle tires for the rear, any experience with a certain type or brand? Open to second hand or used also as long as they're in decent shape.

3.Im currently running a 2s lipo in it and would like a decent 3s or 4s for backup. Again, open to second hand if anybody has one.

Thanks for looking at my post. I'm new here and hope I found a good place to chat.

Pete
Old 01-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Petrostar View Post
Hey guys, I'm really new to the rc world and hoping I could get a little help/advice. I bought a tuned up Team associated b4.2 from a friend and I love it. He also gave me enough other parts and a second frame to build another. Here's my questions.

1.I have a tekin rs pro esc but no motor. I'm looking online and don't know where to look or more specifically what I'm looking for in a compatible motor for this esc. I am looking for 13.5t brushless or lower and am open to second hand motors if somebody has one but am kind of lost here.

2.im taking it to the beach in a couple weeks and want some good paddle tires for the rear, any experience with a certain type or brand? Open to second hand or used also as long as they're in decent shape.

3.Im currently running a 2s lipo in it and would like a decent 3s or 4s for backup. Again, open to second hand if anybody has one.

Thanks for looking at my post. I'm new here and hope I found a good place to chat.

Pete
Pete, I can help a little here. The Tekin rs pro will about any turn brushless motor. However on 2s only! You would need an RX8 to run 3 or 4 s. As for the beach and padddle tires, can't help you there.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Take a look at the hobbywing v2.1 120a esc. They're about $80 and will do 3s. Or the Castle Mamba max pro will do 4s.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pete the RS Pro will work with most motors.

13.5 is no sweat for the RS Pro.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fwiw the beach may be fun for a minute while you are there but be ready for a complete tear down when u get back. Transmission (including diff) shocks motor and basically all moving parrs will need to be disassembled and gone through to get out all the sand that will be EVERYWHERE! Not telling u not to take it but just be forewarned...
Old 01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Pete, Just like previously stated the Tekin RS will run most any motor. It's just a matter of how much you want to spend on the motor. Hobbywing provides great performance at reasonable prices. Tekin will cost a bit more but are generally considered to be top of the line. Reedy also makes good motors and has been doing it for a long time.
Hope this helps a little.