Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo YZ-2 MIP Pucks List for those who want them >

Yokomo YZ-2 MIP Pucks List for those who want them

Yokomo YZ-2 MIP Pucks List for those who want them

Old 01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Surprised there was a market for a few brands over the yokomo. Oh well......you guys basically got your answer.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Good perspective and I guess there is the answer

The Kyosho dog bones I believe are 62.5mm with their stock stuff, so maybe that is closer, but like stated you'd have to get the Kyosho rear hubs since the axle layout is different.

And if the Kyosho 17.5 systems are truly not being made anymore, then what is out there is all that is left I guess.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Surprised there was a market for a few brands over the yokomo. Oh well......you guys basically got your answer.
Well honestly when we stepped out from the norm we were testing the market. We would have made them for the YZ-2 if at the time it was available (rear motor only at the time).

Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
Good perspective and I guess there is the answer

The Kyosho dog bones I believe are 62.5mm with their stock stuff, so maybe that is closer, but like stated you'd have to get the Kyosho rear hubs since the axle layout is different.

And if the Kyosho 17.5 systems are truly not being made anymore, then what is out there is all that is left I guess.
We still have MIP Kyosho Aluminum Systems in stock. Shinys have been discontinued for the time being. http://miponline.com/store/mip13165.html
Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks for taking the time to respond Matt. I did notice that you guys expanded your offering of Pucks quite a bit and picked up a set for my Schumacher KF2 last year.

I personally can count the number of Serpent, Hobby Pro, and Team C cars I've seen in person on my two hands and each of those was running Mod. I should acknowledge that I'm less than an hours drive away from both AE and TLR headquarters which may skew things a bit.

Having said that, I've seen a lot of people pick up the YZ-2 because it's pretty much right at 1500 grams out of the box with a bunch of aluminum goodness included which makes it very attractive to those racing stock. No need to go out and chase a weight number when you're already there.

I'm not sure what some of those other cars weight box stock but the KF2 was on the tankish side and needed to be put on quite a diet to get down to the 1550 range. Some cars just seem to fit the stock racer's check list better than others. Add in the fact that Exotek has made a slipper eliminator specifically for the YZ-2 and I'm seeing more of them around.

I know you guys have to make sound business decisions but there's a bit of a YZ-2 cult following at the moment as far as I can see.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Well honestly when we stepped out from the norm we were testing the market. We would have made them for the YZ-2 if at the time it was available (rear motor only at the time).

We still have MIP Kyosho Aluminum Systems in stock. Shinys have been discontinued for the time being. http://miponline.com/store/mip13165.html
I'm sure the bmax2 Mid mount came out way before the kf....

I was shocked to hear you made a kf2 stock pucks!

Most of the kf2 market is in UK like you said, and no stock class there