R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It is irrelevant who wins nationals based on brand of car.

You could always go with the "cool" factor.. The B4 looks cooler..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:53 PM   #62

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

EXACTLY!!! You never know who is going to win.. it all comes down to driving perfect at the right time. Anyone can do it(well, not anyone, but u now what im talkin about..)
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Didn't AE win everything at the stock nats recently?
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #64

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

i believe so, but didnt losi do the same last yr with the same cars....? And the uear b4???

Lets not turn this into a battle between Losi and Associated. Both parties are amzing. It all comes down to what you want. I personally have both.

There ya go, just buy em both!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #65
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

AE did sweep the stock nats, well sort of.. 2wd - B4 4wd - BJ4 Truck - T4.
But, that's not to say the car was better. The guys that won are very good drivers. One won a stock national previously and the other TQ'ed a round of Factory Mod Truck and the Reedy Truck Race last month. Maybe just maybe the drivers had something to do with that .
As far as I see it, the factory guys run the B4 FT practically stock, where the Losi factory guys are not (we'll leaving it at that). I find it easier to get set-up help when they are using the same car. Just my .02
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default I thought ?

I thought the original question was to which buggy to get? Anyone even mention the "BEST" one, the Kyosho ZX5? Nuff said, lol
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #67

zactly... ZX5 bby...

wait.. i run the Xxx4..
go with whatever ur heart tells ya my man..

i think we scared the dude off... lol
Old 11-17-2005, 06:10 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As for the "AE sweeping the stock nats" comment, I was just stirring the pot in a good natured sort of way, hence the smiley.....

Most everybody around here runs Losi stuff. I'm one of the minorities running AE.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #69
Tech Adept

Thanks everyone who posted. I think we can let this one die now.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NEVER!! bwahaha
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #71
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Have a look at some of the "BK2 vs B4" threads on www.rc10b4.com

I know you already have the impression that being an Associated forum, everyone will be biased towards the B4. That's not case at all! There are many BK2 drivers on those boards and many that respect the BK2. Also, from looking at the Italy results. The top 6 placings were all B4's.

One thing I don't like about Losi is their habit of using older parts from previous models. It shouldn't be this way at all. New products are always an improvement over the original, not a downgrade. After all, that's why manufacturers produce new products as they are an 'improvement'.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

after watching the friday night races and watching some REALLY good drivers go head to head with a nubmer of B4's and BK2's it seems that the B4 is dominating the buggy scene. Even the factory losi team drivers switched over to the B4 to hang with the front runners of the pack. I am not saying that because i favor associated because i switched over to losi for truck reasons, but after watching some serious 19 second laps when i do buy a buggy it's gonna be the B
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman
I personally use the rebuildable crosses but you don't have to have them, i'm 99% sure the old universal joint comes with the axle, as for steel v alu go for the aluminium as the wear is practically non existant I have been running them in my car for the past year on high grip astroturf in modified and there is no wear on them, unlike the wear you get on alu cvd's, as long as they are the losi BK2 axle spacers they will be fine I only put that down as someone asked the same question as you are asking on part numbers.
I'm holding the parts in my hand. I remember going though this same discussion on this board about the same parts when I was going to go from CVDs to Universals.

To make a pair of steel universals:
1 x LOSA3027 Univ Bearing Cross-Rebuildable (pr.) <-- note 2 in package
2 x LOSA3015 Rear axle
2 x LOSA3089 Dogbone
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote