R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dogbones are to control the car out of the corner. It prevents diffs from unloading. Plus, it smoother on power through bumps.

BTW.. Everywhere I've been the B4 has smoked the losi. But, I plan on running losi this year. Just due for a change.

I'd go by parts availability and what car is most popular at the local track to duscuss setup options. Not to mention, the emergency, can I bum a part, dude!?
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig
Not to mention, the emergency, can I bum a part, dude!?
DARN RIGHT!!!!
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #48
Tech Addict

tyreman, thanks for the help. I'm running only in the mod class, so should I opt for the steel bones or aluminum? Secondly, the part number A3031 doesn't show a universal cross packed in with the axle in the picture (I guess it doesn't have to be in the picture to be a part of the package... I just get paranoid at times). Is it worth while buying the new rebuildable crosses for Losi axles (part #3027)? Lastly, can I use the standard Losi wheel spacers or do I have to get the Trinity ones to work? I know It'd add some bling, but I'm not after that.

Guys, when using the 'parts support' argument over getting one car or the other, there are two classes that come to mind right away where that is simply a moot point. 1/10 electric buggy and truck. Why? Because as of right now, there are only 2 competitive manufacturers. I've never been to a track or shop where parts supply wasn't plentiful for both the b4 and bk2, or the mf2 or t4. Plus, there will always be racers with spare parts for both cars at any track running these classes.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Laterilus, the cross are not in the package. It's another separate pack. the non-rebuildable are just as easy to re-build, it's just a roll pin instead of a solid pin that is held in place with a set screw.

Can we change the name of this thread to "Bk2 improvement discussion" or something? I feel like we're bashing one of the best R/C products in the whole hobby by putting that title on the front page of the site every time one of us posts. Losi's products deserve better I think.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Your feelings and opinions shouldn't have precidence over what the author of the thread choose to use as the title, as that was the specific information he was seeking.

That would be like editing your post so that it wouldn't go off topic about changing the thread name, just because an administrator dosen't agree with your opinion that Losi are one of the best R/C products in the whole hobby.
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubb
Your feelings and opinions shouldn't have precidence over what the author of the thread choose to use as the title, as that was the specific information he was seeking.
LOL!!! Have u not read his posts earlier in the thread..... he likes his Losi, some like Associated. There are pro's and cons to each, and he is pointing them out.

Wow...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
I am curious about this too.I don't know beans about off-road setup so hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will reply.

Has anyone ever tried taking some of the rear toe-in out? Three degrees per side has been the standard for a long time-maybe the car plants the tires well enough it doesn't need that much any more?

and in response to u, most ppl who have newer buggies have the option parts that allow 1,2,0 toe in...
Standard is 3, i run 2 on my XXX4
Old 11-15-2005, 04:10 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterilus
tyreman, thanks for the help. I'm running only in the mod class, so should I opt for the steel bones or aluminum? Secondly, the part number A3031 doesn't show a universal cross packed in with the axle in the picture (I guess it doesn't have to be in the picture to be a part of the package... I just get paranoid at times). Is it worth while buying the new rebuildable crosses for Losi axles (part #3027)? Lastly, can I use the standard Losi wheel spacers or do I have to get the Trinity ones to work? I know It'd add some bling, but I'm not after that.
I personally use the rebuildable crosses but you don't have to have them, i'm 99% sure the old universal joint comes with the axle, as for steel v alu go for the aluminium as the wear is practically non existant I have been running them in my car for the past year on high grip astroturf in modified and there is no wear on them, unlike the wear you get on alu cvd's, as long as they are the losi BK2 axle spacers they will be fine I only put that down as someone asked the same question as you are asking on part numbers.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Bk2 (or Gen II) does not come with crosses. I just got a set a few months back.

Scrubb, I was just offering a suggestion as the content of this thread does not fit the name. The author was asking a question and he is getting answers. The title implies something else. Just a suggestion.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
Can we change the name of this thread to "Bk2 improvement discussion" or something? I feel like we're bashing one of the best R/C products in the whole hobby by putting that title on the front page of the site every time one of us posts. Losi's products deserve better I think.
There's one about AE with the same title. I'm getting tired of seeing both keep coming up also. Oh well it'll die just like the ask someone who doesn't know thread eventually did.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #56
Tech Master

Default do you guys have the same problems..

broken xxxbk2/xxxt mf2 gearbox case and the susp pivots on the xxx4
teamgatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
Bk2 (or Gen II) does not come with crosses. I just got a set a few months back.

Scrubb, I was just offering a suggestion as the content of this thread does not fit the name. The author was asking a question and he is getting answers. The title implies something else. Just a suggestion.

The only reason I said dis-advantage was because of the general impression that I got looking at recent race results. Italy for example. I also saw Car Action call it the favorite reader's choice (I know its no measure of quality, or performance, or anything else really). Besides, I assumed a negative spin would get more responses, sorry for unintentionally slamming Losi. In addition, I have learned a ton about these two cars on this forum. It is still a tough decision to make. And I really want to go for the Losi, its just the B4 has a few advantages that are hard to overcome. Price, steering, and a few personal likes.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #58

yes, i understand your point, but just like, 2 yrs ago everyone voted Losi, it is going to switch quite a bit... new fads... etc
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Don't forget who just won Nationals too...
(Mike Truhe, Team Losi)

Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Any idea if a new Losi is around the corner? Maybe one with more steering, VCS shocks, dogbones and CVDs?
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote