Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Helion Verdikt 12SC 1:12 Short Course Truck >

Helion Verdikt 12SC 1:12 Short Course Truck

Helion Verdikt 12SC 1:12 Short Course Truck

Old 12-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Helion Verdikt 12SC 1:12 Short Course Truck

I couldn't find any mention of the Verdikt truck on the board, so I started a thread because.........

Back in 1980, when my youngest daughter was 10 years old, I bought her a Radio Shack R/C buggy and modified it to haul her Barbie's around. The electronics died and it has been parked until recently. When her daughter turned 10 years old, I decided to get the buggy running for Christmas. I tinkered with the ancient electrogizmos but finally bought a new Helion Verdikt 1:12 scale truck because the chassis width and wheelbase matched.

The question is, has anyone installed the factory battery in one of these? As the second pix below shows, the wires have to be really bent to get the connector in with the battery and then the battery can't fit in its recess in the bottom of the compartment; it is shoved to the end.

In the last picture, I connected the battery outside the battery compartment but the connection is now exposed to the elements.

What am I missing? Does anyone have a picture of how you got 10 pounds of wire and connector in a 5 pound battery box?

Thanks....
Old 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Worldwide clamor for the rest of the story compels me to present the following:

The completed buggy -

The best part is for grandparents only:

My totally genius 10 year old granddaughter was pleased to get the buggy on Christmas morning, admired the fact that her mother had driven the original 35 years ago, drove it around the house for a few laps then, without any prompting, asked to borrow her mother's iPhone. She then disappeared into her bedroom with the buggy and a couple of minutes later the buggy drove into the great room with the granddaughter nowhere in sight. We then noticed that she had taped the iPhone to the buggy windshield and was using FaceTime from her iPad in the bedroom to see where the buggy was going and drove it from there. Just wow! A self-taught, land-based drone inventor and pilot!

Note the iPhone taped to the windshield.

Oh, and the wiring and battery not fitting easily into the compartment? 'Just stuff it in there' was the suggestion from the hobby shop guy who sold me the car. It looks kinked but it works......
Old 03-08-2016, 01:40 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Cool!