Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mugen Seiki MBX7TR  ECO >

Mugen Seiki MBX7TR ECO

Like Tree4Likes

Mugen Seiki MBX7TR ECO

Old 03-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Is anyone still running mud guards? I was just cleaning the Truggy and noticed how much the caked on dirt / clay mixture weighs on there. Never really never paid it no attention until yesterday.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-25-2016 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'll bump this thread w/ a question for MBX8t eco owners.
Recently picked up an MBX7t eco on trade w/ another forum member. Truggy is in nice shape. It's all ready to go, EXCEPT, the steering binds up left and right. I can see the front diff/wheels turn a little when the bind occurs. Then it goes away at full throw. Otherwise steering is smooth. I have checked everything and I cannot figure out where the binding is coming from. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

take your steering apart to locate the problem : it might be the pivot ball, it might come from the steering plate
so take it apart to check each link of the chain

i had to cut up some plastic ( very little actually ) to get maximal steering for my tricks on my mbx7r . because the steering plate couldn't go the end point of the pivot ball knuckles...
Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

ehm , by the way, what is a mbx8t ?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

[QUOTE=werner sline;14551351]ehm , by the way, what is a mbx8t ?[/QUOTE

LOL. Very big fat finger typo (MBX8t)

Thanks for the advice. I already started tearing the steering all back down and starting over.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

I wish doc Brown could bring me the mugen mbx12t from the year 2025 : weight 3 kg, has a 15 000 mA Helium/nanopolymer battery, overall indestructible nano plastic parts, and self regenerating nano rubber tires. of course, no diffs needs with 4 intelligent build in motors, but well, I'm still waiting !
Old 06-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 6 month recap

Well, I've been running the truggy for almost 6 months and am still just as happy as I was from the initial purchase. However, I've made a few changes. I found better spring performance from the eco buggy kit springs (1.5x7.75t front, 1.5x8t rear) On higher bite tracks, 7.5f/7.75r works pretty good. I've also converted all of my vehicles from AE to Mugen oils and fluids. I'm using 600f/550 on shock oil with Kyosho 6x1.3 pistons. I added 2*of AS back into the truck, else the rear drags quite a bit and bottoms out from time to time. I initially tried 7/5/3 in the diffs but felt it was lacking in corner speed. I changed to 15/10/7 and it's got all the corner speed I could ask for. I mainly run on a medium grip track but could see something like 20/15/10 working well in a high bite situation. I tried 15/15/10 but felt that it pushed a bit more than I liked in turns. The only thing I've broke so far is the left lower arm. This was due to a mistake I made and is by no means a negative reflection on the truck's design. I've won several races with the truck and I've lost a few. That being said, I rarely find myself not being on the podium. That's in no way bragging on my abilities as much as it is on the truck. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone that's on the market for a truggy.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

cool, do you have a picture of your car ?
Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey 450 Daug what about the front A arms have you broken any ? I have the MBX7r eco and i busted the right and left arms on two different occasions do to a bad landing , I heard heard that the plastic is weak on the Mugens . what your opinion on this ?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

I've broken 1 arm on it and like I said in the post above, it was my fault. I also have the 7r and 7r eco. I've only "broken" 1 arm so far and have had the eco for a year now. I've cracked a few of the arms on both buggies. They will usually crack where the sway bar mount is. That being said, any time they've cracked, it was on arms that have been ran quite a bit.

I have no idea how to add pictures. If someone could tell me, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you want to post pics go to advance when you are ready to post scroll down to manage attachments click on it and it will take you to the file on your computer where you have your pictures and go from there pretty easy once you follow those steps
Old 06-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
Hey 450 Daug what about the front A arms have you broken any ? I have the MBX7r eco and i busted the right and left arms on two different occasions do to a bad landing , I heard heard that the plastic is weak on the Mugens . what your opinion on this ?
for my kind of jumping , the mbx7r eco arms last about 1 lipo ! even with some steel bandage to prevent the hingepin tearing, the arms quickly bent

so yes, I can say mugen front arms are weak. I run some hobao arms with steel bandage. They last the whole time I learned to jump and crashed a lot.

Xray xb8 arms do fit too on the mbx7r , but which better arms will fit the mbx7T ?
Old 06-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can 1 of you guys give a quick answer how this truggy is better then the MBX6t eco??
I have the 6 for bashing and thats all i am going to do with it...
Old 06-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

I think mugen put the mass more forward on the mbx7t. so for pure bashing, it's actually bad. weight more laid back makes wheelies and backflip more easy
that again is just my opinion.
i think they also revised the arms on the mbx7t : but you might just put the new arms on the mbx6
do you have any durability issues with the mbx6t ?
Old 06-02-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Well , after converting from Tekno to Mugen I will tell you the cars are no weaker than the other good race rigs out there. I have not broken the Mugens any more or less than any other rig. If all your doing is bashing the truck , I do think you will experience some breakage. When the arms start to bow or bend they should be replaced if your racing. If not , you should expect that weakened arm to break sooner or later. I have run the Losi , x ray xt8 , x ray xt9 , tekno , and now the mugen truck and never had a new undamaged arm let go . I have had every one of them break a old , bent , bowed arm .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.