Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Why not longer Mains >

Why not longer Mains

Why not longer Mains

Old 12-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think there are two ways of looking at this, maybe the serious racer wants the race over quick, and maybe the buds want to have fun on the track and make it last.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have 3 tracks to choose from less than 2 hours away on any given Saturday.
All super fun tracks with great people.
12 minute mains really draws me to SRI in Louisville though.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, now that is a race!!! So there are tracks running longer mains. How long are the heats? I want a 7 minute heat, and two 9 minute mains. I really believe that longer races help everyone to run a nicer race. No reason to crash everyone in the first turn as their will be plenty of time for the race. Shorter races demand just the opposite.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the longer races. Even if you were to take and run 4 heats and take the average of either 2 or 3 of your best. Then set up a longer main or a couple. Make everyone have a few consistent runs though out the race. My local track there is often one person that avoids the major pile up in the first turn and everyone else is trying to catch back up
Old 12-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Yea i said it before that lower mains should, at least get 6:00 not 5:00 just like the heat races doesn't make that big of a difference time wise running the program a extra min .

I mean everybody pays the same for the entry fee, so why shouldn't lower mains get at least 6:00 not to mention it avoids bonehead moves into the first turns because you only have 5:00 mins to do it you gotta go and you screw up its quite a challenge to catch up and wait for luck.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

I think since lipos have such a longer run time, we should all take advantage of it. 10 yrs ago I remember setting the car on the track on the grid and not even plugging the battery in you had to. Or even having someone else set the car so you could be ready on the drivers stand. Now we all play for 2 mins before the race.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by racesanything View Post
I think since lipos have such a longer run time, we should all take advantage of it. 10 yrs ago I remember setting the car on the track on the grid and not even plugging the battery in you had to. Or even having someone else set the car so you could be ready on the drivers stand. Now we all play for 2 mins before the race.

Sad thing is that its not taken advantage of especially in the E-Buggy class, 5:00 min lower mains should be again 6:00 to 7:00 mins. Nitro runs 20 mins or more mains and the A-Main E-Buggy runs 10 mins should do at least 12 mins .

1/10 scale 2wd and 4wd is really not taken advantage of they can run much longer mains all around but its the same format as 1/8 scale electric.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

I want to do some endurance races. I think they would be fun. Even if you were forced to have to make a "pit stop". We used to run touring cars yrs ago and run 8 min mains. You had to "refuel" like nitro racing. Stop and have someone swap a battery for you. It was a lot of fun, and added a whole new element to the race.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Why does nitro run so long? At the outdoor tracks you wait all day for nitro to run. I hate nitro tracks for this reason, they should run the same time as e buggy. I really wish tracks would either be electric or nitro, or, run them the same time.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by platgof View Post
Why does nitro run so long? At the outdoor tracks you wait all day for nitro to run. I hate nitro tracks for this reason, they should run the same time as e buggy. I really wish tracks would either be electric or nitro, or, run them the same time.

I can't answer that exactly i guess the Nitro guys want to run races long just like full size car racing ? Most tracks just running electric or Nitro only. I don't think they would make it with the outdoor tracks they gota except whoever comes to pay the rent .

However they certainly could do one day just electric and Nitro the other day the question would be is if they would want to do it .

I actually race with a guy who hates long nitro mains .
Old 12-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Is nitro fuel poisonous?
Old 12-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Is nitro fuel poisonous?

Proberty but not as bad is actual gas/oil .
Old 12-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

I always wondered why nitro old timers act like that?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:23 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the nitro runners should marshal other nitro runners. If I only get to race 10 mins, why should I have to marshal for 30 mins or more. I end up marshaling nitro much more of the day then racing. I've often thought of having an electric day and nitro day at the track. or maybe run nitro in the afternoon and electric in the morning.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

I think the nitro guys wanna run for so much longer cause when they finally get them running and tuned in for the day, they want to take advantage. Lol just joking...but i really see no reason both types of vehicles couldnt run the same amount of time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.