Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad battery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bad battery?

I have two gens ace Lopo I bought 3 years ago, didn't really use it much in my Savagr Flux, sometimes I would charge it and not use it. Should have put it in storage mode.

The batteries used to feel really good, very powerful and long run time.

Anyways, my issue now is that on a fresh battery, I can pull a few wheelies and then it feels like the battery is done, no more power.

I connected a lipo meter to the balance lead and giving it throttle while holding the truck back and not letting it drive away, with the load the voltage on each cell dropped to below 2v which trigger the lvc which is why the power lost.

This can't possibility be the ESC right? I think the lipo is done. I don't have any other lipos to test. I'm already discharging the lipos for disposal.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I bet the lipo is shot , from my experience liposuction that sit for a period of time end up not working very well. Personally I think liposuction should be replaced yearly
Old 10-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I bet the lipo is shot , from my experience liposuction that sit for a period of time end up not working very well. Personally I think liposuction should be replaced yearly
My guess here is autocorrect does not like "lipos" but is OK with "lipo"
Old 10-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like the pack is shot. Storing them fully charged doesn't do good things to them. I have several packs that are 4 or 5 years old and work just fine, but I always put a storage charge in them when they were not being used.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if you storage charge......I'd say they should last .....at least..... 2 years......