Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1:8 Buggy reigns supreme in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The MBX7r is not built. The older 7 was.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you going to pick one I go with mugen or tekno
As mugen is a wider chassie and the tekno is a narrow chassie depend what you like too
Old 10-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Houlester
It would be nice if there was an RC fair. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if I got a few. Lol

What are the top 3 buggies? The Mugen looks awesome but I kinda wanted to get a kit first I could completely assemble so I can gain a better understanding how everything fits together.
the mbx7r came as a kit and it was a blast to build ! only minor thing I had to modify: bore the arms 4.2mm to free the suspension and well, that's it !

at first I didn't like the gear to the crown gear in the gear box ; I thought it would be Noisy. but I drove it and it isn't noisy !
I also thought the suspension travel would be short, but in fact it's very good ! 55mm front and 60mm rear !
I also love the steering angle that can be insane , just like the tekno

I still dig the tekno for its unique features, but well the mugen has a lot of pleasant details too !

Last edited by werner sline; 10-25-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

It would be nice if there was an RC fair. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if I got a few. Lol

What are the top 3 buggies? The Mugen looks awesome but I kinda wanted to get a kit first I could completely assemble so I can gain a better understanding how everything fits together.
You would have to assemble a mugen just like the others. They do not come rtr.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone had the chance to drive both the Xray XB8e and the Tekno EB48.3? Just wondering how they are compared.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I really like the white and black color scheme on your Mugen. Like the simplicity and clean look. Right now I'm torn between the XB8e, mbx7r, and eb48.3.

Before starting this thread I was thinking the Kyosho. I've spoken to two people that sell buggies for a living and they both recommended eb48.3. I nice guy local to me is sponsored by Tekno and the other is currently driving a Kyosho and thinking about switching. Have also read the Mugen and XRay are right up there as well. I seem to drive like a drunk driver texting so until I get better I want to buy one of the highest quality and strongest ones.

Last edited by Houlester; 10-26-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What about the rc8b3e
Old 10-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

I really like the white and black color scheme on your Mugen. Like the simplicity and clean look. Right now I'm torn between the XB8e, mbx7r, and eb48.3.

Before starting this thread I was thinking the Kyosho. I've spoken to two people that sell buggies for a living and they both recommended eb48.3. I nice guy local to me is sponsored by Tekno and the other is currently driving a Kyosho and thinking about switching. Have also read the Mugen and XRay are right up there as well. I seem to drive like a drunk driver texting so until I get better I want to buy one of the highest quality and strongest ones.
thank you, but it won't stay nice very long ! I bought it to learn to fly ! and I don't land well often !!
it has already its first backflip as the body wasn't even painted !

Old 10-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

From what I've learned is that they are all equally as good. There is no clear winner. But if I possibly had to pick any it might be between the Mugen, serpent, or Tekno. Right?

Being a novice I was thinking there might have been one that stood out in the 1:8 buggy as the Rolls Royce of buggies.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My choice would be the Mugen or Associated and I'd probably choose Mugen just for the fact that it's a Japanese company and probably of higher quality than an AE car. Never had a Mugen. I'd pick up the Kyosho, but the price tag is quite exciting in a bad way. FWIW I haven't driven any of these newest generation cars from these mfg's. Just somebody in the same position as you with more time in the hobby, but not necessarily 1/8 scale.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd vote mugen there really a forgiving car to drive really good box setup in my opinion, I've owned a tekno eb48.2 and it was a good car very durable but always felt on edge and twitchy just my 2 cents
Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wanna wait and see how the rc8 b3 does, because I believe it has serious potential to slay in pro buggy. It's a hybrid of every car. It may look like a mugen, but you can pop on some "kyosho smooth" shocks for a few bucks more. You have the beatiful carbon from xray that everyone loves. You have the super plush style that mugen and associated have had in all buggies before, and I really hope we have the durability of tekno. Oh and quick access diffs from durango. Just needs a little hb influence, arm inserts *cough*.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Durango

Imo there is no better buggy out there than the dex8 from team durango. I have owned many ( kyosho, losi, hpi) and this thing blows them all away.

That said it you cant go wrong with any of the major brands ( losi, tekno, mugen, serpent, xray, kyosho, durango, jq, associated). They are all well put together and all more than capable winners.

I do think the durango jumps and lands better than the rest. But that is subjective.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

TEKNO EB48.3