Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help: switching buggy brand >

Help: switching buggy brand

Help: switching buggy brand

Old 10-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help: switching buggy brand

I've been racing team associated cars for the last four years, I'm looking to switch brands. I currently am racing 2wd and 4wd buggy from AE. I want to find a brand that makes both of those kits. Doesn't have to be similar to AE's platform. Let me know what are some good kits and brands, Part support, ect. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Losi kyosho. .. depending how you can get parts for if you mean parts to get local..
Old 10-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by iMarky View Post
Losi kyosho. .. depending how you can get parts for if you mean parts to get local..
What are your thoughts on Losi or kyosho, a big reason I wanted to switch from AE was because they are so common, I want to get something A little different then AE or Losi.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been looking into maybe Schumacher or maybe yokomo?
Old 10-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

If you don't want AE or TLR I would go with the Kyosho. Pricier parts wise but they are durable and setup help should be more readily available compared to smaller brands. Yokomo is good too but you have to get parts through amain which may be an issue availability wise.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wyattander View Post
What are your thoughts on Losi or kyosho, a big reason I wanted to switch from AE was because they are so common, I want to get something A little different then AE or Losi.
I use to have the losi 22 back then.. was not really easy to tune and leaky shocked but now they fixed all the bugs..

I just bought another rb6 after running that for like 3 years.. I love the quality and shocks on the rb6.. lots of turning..going to run a 3D print 3 gear on my new one and battery sideways and try it out..

I know most everyone running AE...then losi/kyosho. Here at my place everyone runs AE.. I like to be different also lol. If you don't know what I mean just look at my rb6 on the rb6 topic lol..

There's yokomo but amain for parts..
Old 10-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I suppose an additional consideration is how YOU stock your own pit box. Do you mind ordering a bunch of parts to have on hand right out of the gate? If not, your best bet is to stick with whatever is heavily supported at your local track or hobby shops. Here in the US, you're pretty safe with Associated, Losi (TLR), and Kyosho. In some areas, TeamC has a strong following, they seems to be great bang for the buck. In our area, we have a few drivers running Yokomo, Hobby Pro, and Sworkz, but they're pretty much on their own when it comes to ordering parts.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I love what all you guys have to say, I have no problem supplying my own parts and having them on hand. Sounds like kyosho has some good cars? What is the names of their best 2wd and 4wd buggy?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The RB6 and zx6. Great cars and very durable.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
The RB6 and zx6. Great cars and very durable.
Does kyosho have any plans of coming out with new kits any time soon?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've been racing team associated cars for the last four years, I'm looking to switch brands. I currently am racing 2wd and 4wd buggy from AE. I want to find a brand that makes both of those kits. Doesn't have to be similar to AE's platform. Let me know what are some good kits and brands, Part support, ect. Thanks!
Why? What is AE not giving you? Why change just to be "different"?

For the record, I would ask the same thing if you were looking to change from TLR or Kyosho.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Why? What is AE not giving you? Why change just to be "different"?

For the record, I would ask the same thing if you were looking to change from TLR or Kyosho.
AE has gave me everything I've asked for, reason why I want a change. I've been racing for 5 years and the last 4 have been with AE i never has experienced a different car. Other then driving a few buddies. Another reason I want to switch is, it means a lot more to me if I were to win or do well with a car that not 4/5 the other people at the track are running. Absolutely love AE btw.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

As someone who has changed in the past I offer you this.... You'll be back, with less $$ too.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
As someone who has changed in the past I offer you this.... You'll be back, with less $$ too.
So you suggest not switching?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

I've been looking into maybe Schumacher or maybe yokomo?
Schumacher just release a new 4wd, the K2. The new 2wd is cooking, wil be out by december. You have options for rear and mid motor. The quality is like Xray or Kyosho, and parts are easily available in US. I'm in Canada and can have everything in less than a week in some cases.
If you look to the last worlds, the only production car in the A was Orlowsky with the K2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.