Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2015 IFMAR World Championships in Japan > 2015 IFMAR World Championships in Japan

2015 IFMAR World Championships in Japan

Old 10-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
There lies the million dollar question! It's been asked ever since it was announced that they would be "building" the track on top of the on-road vs. using the the existing turf covered off-road track. WHY they're doing that has never been answered.

It's the IFMAR Worlds for pete's sake! You're telling me they couldn't redo the off-road track with a new layout and lay the turf back down? I call BS!!!
Cost.

Under the "off road" layout is....Dirt. Then they put the astro on top of the dirt layout.

I'm thinking they don't want to eat the cost of having to change the dirt layout under the current astro, and possibly having to purchase new astro when they do it.

Also, they need to change the track between 2wd and 4wd - the ease of this change is probably just doing all this on their carpet track.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:28 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Cost.
Also, they need to change the track between 2wd and 4wd - the ease of this change is probably just doing all this on their carpet track.
I seriously doubt that moving the lane separators around between 2wd and 4wd would be too much of a task.
Anyway, they have published both layouts and they only differ by displacing a few jumps and bumps.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Cost.

Under the "off road" layout is....Dirt. Then they put the astro on top of the dirt layout.

I'm thinking they don't want to eat the cost of having to change the dirt layout under the current astro, and possibly having to purchase new astro when they do it.

Cost You're joking right? You've seen the pics of all the NEW jumps that were made, along with all the NEW turf purchased to create the track for the Worlds right?

You can't convince me that cost is a factor for this facility, that's laughable and you know it.

Layout change, every DIRT track for the last how many decades has managed to meet the layout change requirements. They can't do it because it's got turf on top?

I know you well enough to know that you like to stir the pot But you're gonna have to come at me with something better than that.

The racing might turn out to be great. And I'm not 100% against the Worlds being on turf. BUT I stick with my original feeling and that is the whole situation was BS from the start.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

I think they just want use of a bigger track area and potentially to maintain a more consistent track. Between the old style construction and dirt underneath the normal off-road circuit there could potentially be some moisture issues - if that's ever an issue with turf as I have never dealt with it.

anyways, it almost go time. kick your feet up, talk some trash on the internet and place your bets.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
What's the best site to follow along this weekend??

+1 for Tebo!!!
Yes what's the best site... Neobuggy?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevomatik View Post
Yes what's the best site... Neobuggy?
Neobuggy and RedRC
Old 10-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I wonder what time the mains will come on due to the time difference? I watched the 2013 Worlds on LiveRC, and plan to do the same this time unless the time difference prevents me from doing so.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the track is water under the bridge at this point.

As for predictions, UNLIKE the EOS race this track actually has a bit more airtime and obstacles in it. so the TC guys may struggle a bit with the cars rolling all over themselves.

2wd Winner - Lee Martin

4wd Winner - Matsukura

However, because of the surface I think there will be a few dark horses that come from nowhere to put it near the top.

I want to see the cars though because here is whats out there so far:

Yokomo - 2wd is good, new 4wd car. looks fast

Xray - 2wd is new and updated 4wd car, looks fast

Kyosho - newish looking 2wd, any 4wd updates? because it was fast at warmup

TLR - ???? rumor has it new 2wd. no idea on 4wd. Pictures from FB show their engineer/designer going so probably some new stuff.

Associated - 2wd probably has a new tranny, unconfirmed rumors of some B45.

Serpent - euros decided they don't know how to tune a new car, so copied the old car they had..... brilliant.... smh. something tells me the designer outruns them all with the stock car.

Schumacher - not sure about 2wd but their new 4wd car looks pretty sweet. probably the most "stock" cars you will see this week.

thats all i got.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the main reason they built the Worlds track over the on-road one is size. The on-road track area is a lot larger than their off-road track, also the facility is larger as well so they can fit everybody under one roof. This makes it easier for the racers, mechanics and spectators.

Patrick
Old 10-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Track looks really awesome!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
Track looks really awesome!
Some great photos of the track.

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2015race...view/i-dC2NSjJ

I don't agree that this is "real" off-road, but I sure could have some fun on this track
Old 10-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
Definitely a great facility but off road worlds on turf really . I have no interest in it what so ever . How about having the sedan worlds on dirt lol .

I have to agree with you a little on this...and I love racing on dirt...a lot. However this track and the entire facility is really bad a$$ to say the least. I'm sure the racing will be exciting and different all at the same time. I'd run that track...all day, it looks fun.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A long time friend of my Chad Phillips put this up. I think the Astro worlds is cool but this was pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 IFMAR World Championships in Japan-onroadworlds.jpg  
Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What about that new Losi buggy! 3.0 maybe? It looks like a whole new buggy. Can't wait to see how it does..
Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lee Martin with his YZ-2 for the 2wd win!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service