Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..! >

Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..!

Like Tree27Likes

Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-11-2016, 07:12 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AmiSMB
Welcome to the Schumacher K2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add tips and tricks as well as any information that you would feel is beneficial for everyone to know.

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Help I Keep Breaking Front Arms

With the K2 Schumacher sarted using an adjustable hub design that required
a relief cut in the arms for the steering knuckle to clear. The easiest solution
until a revised arm is to run the old style arms without the relief cut. Run the
hubs in the High position and set your steering end points down so the steering knuckles don't hit.

SCHU3597
SCHU3407 MED Flex

There is a newer batch of the SCHU3407 wishbones which correct the weakness in the previous front arms.

Suggested upgrades/spares
Strongly suggest to buy 10° alloy front alloy pivot blocks-U3556 the A & B front plastic pivot blocks-U4798 will break soon.

Have some shock seats spares, alloy v1-U3611, plastic-U3937, alloy v2 (off-road)-U4890

Have some spare shock shafts available U3668 & U3669
MIP pucks an Excellent option!

Misc

Other wheels that fit apart from the Schumacher wheels
Losi 22-4 wheels will fit on the front the rears will work as well!
AE b4, b5 & b6 will fit on the rear
Be sure to lock tight the track screws and rear strap this is a must!!!

AE (12mm) and KYO fronts will work with .5mm spacer - available through AVID

Don't buy the purple titanium turnbuckles as an upgrade there thread is too small and they wander too much. Lunsford Super-duty titanium turnbuckles fit very well they are 3.5mm threads. Get the 1 3/4", 2 1/8" & 57mm lengths. I did not replace the Centre Track Rod.

** When running the Super Duty turnbuckles with the stock captured ball ends, be sure to check for binding in the front steering and camber links after each run - tumbles and glances off the pipes cause them to flex and slightly twist and can bind up the front suspension ... The fix? - simply take a turnbuckle wrench and twist the link back and then forward to it's original positon .. consider doing this as a maintenance step after each run ..

Suggested Gearing

5.5 - indoor high bite clay 83/20 (+/- 1 tooth for layout and conditions etc)
13.5 At SRS Arizona I ran 75/28 buggy was quick! RCM lockout worked great!
17.5 - FDR between 5-6 depending on track. E.g. 35/66 down to 30/69 slipper eliminator in use. Different options within the thread. I use B5M exotek eliminator and file it to fit.

Print Wikipost

Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

I'm interested in the motor tranny assembly and if it can be adapted to the KF2 in the MM config to move the weight even further rearward? The belt might have clearance issues, but... hmmm.

Offhand, it looks like every a typical Schumacher car not suited for anything other than high grip non-US tracks. I think I'll pass on this one and keep day dreaming over my KF2 becoming competitive in the US.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

JPDanger, in what way do you think this car will not work on dirt/clay tracks? With the K1 we found that the car on high grip was too reactive for the average club racer but was clearly fast enough in the right hands. We also see that on dirt this car looked very good, reports I had from the recent euros which was on dirt was the K1 looked planted.
I used to drive a SX3 which was real easy to drive but rewarding, when the K1 came along I found this harder to drive. The K1 had the motor rotation the opposite way than the SX3, on power the SX3 torque reaction was to put weight towards the rear whilst on the K1 was to the front.
The KF2 is so much nicer to drive than the K1 as you can push it harder and it rewards whilst with the K1 you had to be more careful.
I looked into making a 4wd KF2 but it looks like Schumacher beat me. The K2 has the motor rotation the same so the SX3, reports from the EOS on oOple say that the car accelerates like nothing else whilst also being flat with the car looking easier to drive and jumps well.

I'm looking forward to this car a lot, looks like the wallets going to be emptied again.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Badger5
JPDanger, in what way do you think this car will not work on dirt/clay tracks? With the K1 we found that the car on high grip was too reactive for the average club racer but was clearly fast enough in the right hands. We also see that on dirt this car looked very good, reports I had from the recent euros which was on dirt was the K1 looked planted.
I used to drive a SX3 which was real easy to drive but rewarding, when the K1 came along I found this harder to drive. The K1 had the motor rotation the opposite way than the SX3, on power the SX3 torque reaction was to put weight towards the rear whilst on the K1 was to the front.
The KF2 is so much nicer to drive than the K1 as you can push it harder and it rewards whilst with the K1 you had to be more careful.
I looked into making a 4wd KF2 but it looks like Schumacher beat me. The K2 has the motor rotation the same so the SX3, reports from the EOS on oOple say that the car accelerates like nothing else whilst also being flat with the car looking easier to drive and jumps well.

I'm looking forward to this car a lot, looks like the wallets going to be emptied again.
So true! I like when we look at the bigger picture.

I can´t wait to see Schumacher´s final product, but I think this is 99% done ☺
1.For me it looks like it will be way more easy/faster to change belts now, whit out hitting you forehead in to the pit when a belt smaps ☺

2.Arhh. ☺ The KF2 rear, I like it so much, so easy to use, simple and good.

3. I have looked alot on the new front Roll bar, on the K2, im sure it will do the work way better then the old, dingy-thing on the k1, I just hope it can stand against the forces that might hit it from the front ☺
Old 09-19-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Let's not assume this is the 'final' final version., but ok, it might be! The EOS in Europe is a big deal and carpet focused buggies are more common to see now as well. The Worlds is in a few weeks, so for all we know this buggy may still get a few tweaks for production, and then for clay, maybe a 'clay track' package upgrade down the road. Either way I have never driven an SX3, but those who have, really liked them by the sounds of it.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Looking at the car from the EOS, the rear top deck has a lug with two holes on each side that seem redundant. I wonder if this car could have the motor position changed to being at the back, so then the rear top deck will be the front and the unused lugs will be for the steering bell cranks? If this is the case I guess the car would make awesome traction for dirt.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

@badger5, a neat idea, but looking at the underside of the chassis, it goes not have any additional holes to accommodate the movement of the motor mount to anywhere but where it is now.

I hope they are working on a new body shell, the one used at last weekends EOS was, well, umm, not very pretty. I hope either the K1 or Aero bodies fit!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badger5
Looking at the car from the EOS, the rear top deck has a lug with two holes on each side that seem redundant. I wonder if this car could have the motor position changed to being at the back, so then the rear top deck will be the front and the unused lugs will be for the steering bell cranks? If this is the case I guess the car would make awesome traction for dirt.
I think what you are talking about are the fan mount holes.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyrs25
I think what you are talking about are the fan mount holes.
Four holes to mount a fan? You may be right but seems a bit excessive. Chassis could be pre production unit. I guess we will have to wait and see when they officially release the car, just seems odd to have those four holes in the top deck that aren't being used.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I feel Schumacher has evolved to design cars that emphasizes alot on front/rear weight balance.

It will be mighty stupid to throw away what they've learn alot with K1 to make it work so well on dirt. This K2 prototype to me looks like utilizing the best of both worlds:
1. K1 Suspension
2. KF motor mounts

Ultimately, I feel the motor mounts can be moved along the centerline backwards to achieve the same front/rear balance as the K1 aero. It can be moved forward for high traction surfaces.

They catering for multiple battery positions, encompassing both saddles and shorty means they've kept that in view.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look interesting
Wonder if you run saddle? Where you install the electrics?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I'm interested in the motor tranny assembly and if it can be adapted to the KF2 in the MM config to move the weight even further rearward? The belt might have clearance issues, but... hmmm.

Offhand, it looks like every a typical Schumacher car not suited for anything other than high grip non-US tracks. I think I'll pass on this one and keep day dreaming over my KF2 becoming competitive in the US.
Would be plenty competitive if Schumacher wanted to pay one of the top drivers to run it in the US.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Suspended

Ben Jemison's K2
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..!-k2.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Wow, very cool. Shorty fits either perpendicularly across the back or longitudinally. I'd still like to know what those extra holes are for in the top deck.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

interesting. Notice this car runs the lengthwise shorty. Lots more choices with weight placement on this car. 2wd is over at the Worlds. Let's see how this car does there!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Schumacher are hoping to release this buggy at the end of October

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.