Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Sworkz S104 EVO thread >

Sworkz S104 EVO thread

Like Tree18Likes

Sworkz S104 EVO thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rickster
elis... yes you want the 1-3 plate... that's the one before I said you might want.. :-)

I noticed that when I checked the old PM that u wrote to me

But since I never do anything wrong I´ll blame u for it anyway
Old 09-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

lol... that's ok.. I get blamed for all kinds of things anyway...

I had a gas buggy guy blame me for the setup I gave him saying he couldn't make a 10 minute heat with his motor.. it was his old motor that worked fine.. but he asked for ways to save money so I suggested using his motor he had rather then buying a new one and even though he had it for 2 yrs and new it well.. he said it was my fault for not saying to buy a new motor....

I also had a guy with last yrs 4wd buggy blame me for him breaking it.. I said it was pretty durable so he built a ramp that was 1 meter tall and was jumping as far as he could into his yard and jumped into a tree breaking the front tower and arm... lol

anyway... good luck and let us know how your liking the buggy. :-)
did you get your 2wd yet? you will like it.. let me know on pm and I will send you setup for it.. :-)
Old 09-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hahahahah you just gotta love people, I run a gasstation so i get blamed on all the time ..

Nope no 2wd yet... I dont think we will get it before it's relesed for the public ... So it Should be here soon in time for the worlds i guess..
Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

LOL @rickster, next time something goes wrong with my evo maybe ill blame you as well, lol.

Anyways, I drove my evo for the first time last week and it was amazing. It had plenty of steering. I used the Hara setup and just went up 10wt in front shock oil and the car was dialed. Track conditions were med-hi grip dirt with clay added. I used clay compound Pro-line electrons and the car was $$. I was running consistently second fastest lap, however my consistency wasn't there so I finished 4th. I haven't ran offroad in a while and it was my first time on this layout with minimal practice, no excuses though, lol. I hope you guys enjoy this buggy as much as I do.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

elis... its all good... hey you should have the 2wd soon... everything is done on it now and its sweet.. let me know when you get it in a pm and I will let you shoot you items you may want... cool thing is they share same shocks as 4wd and a few other things so makes it easier to do both cars.

gsxr..... lol... hey saw you use punch fuel.. do you like it? I have run for a bunch of fuel companies and right now run for torco.. really like their fuel and great run times... do you do all the sworkz cars?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

I raced my 104 EVO at the NSW titles in Maitland over the weekend, got a lot of interest in the car as I was the only Sworkz there, the car was amazing, unfortunately the driver couldn't get it together quickly enough in the affected event! but i managed a 3rd in the B main, not too shabby for my first interstate titles in Mod buggy! car was amazing, so here are some pics!

When in doubt, air it out!
note the massive bump steer on this rig, this is caused by moving the lower front arms 2mm forward, the change is awesome but the bump steer isn't all desirable, new front steering plates should be the fix...working on that!

Now I'm back home, I'm just organising some custom heavy duty and optional blasted placement steering plates! these should hold up to a bit more abuse as I've seen a few break on my friends cars and I did break one myself on the weekend, these new plates i have designed with a second hole for mounting the steering link, the hole is 2mm further back and should neutralise the massive bump steer increase from moving the lower front arms 2mm forward (which is an AWESOME change if you feel you need it!) once i get these plates up and going I will report back, but you will be able to get them from Paul @ Bezerk RC in VIC, Australia once we get them going

My next major event with this beautiful machine will be the Australian nationals at Chargers RC in Brisbane, QLD in 5 weeks time, sugar track racing here we come!
Old 09-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Looking good mate! I run my car for the first time this coming Sunday so just making a few last checks. I like your bump steer mod, a good idea.

I'm intending to have a chassis made with 25deg kick up to create a forward motor 2wd car using the evo rear end. I may build it using the evo front end but I'm thinking the front end off the upcoming Sworkz 2wd car will work better. I'm confident that would be a rocket of a car here in the UK!

Chris
Old 09-25-2015, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Getting mine tested on sunday as well.

The first indoor track is about to open for the indoor season. So I hope the sun is out all day so that I can test without 30 others using the track ..

To do list!
The shocks is getting some ASS springs (orderd hard front kit, and soft rear).
Shim the Rear upper suspesion mount so the plastic bussing can move freely.
Locktite all screws needed!

On sunday I guess I´m just gonna hit the track as soon as they open.

This track is a little special since It has little less traction then what we normally see at our indoor carpet tracks.

I think the car should be fine, might need some tuning on shocks and diffs!!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Mine should be heading back to daddy sometime next week. It's painful to sit and wait while your new toys is off getting glamorous. ..
Old 09-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a video of chris running at our local track, Bury Metro. He dominated!!!

https://youtu.be/VgsZ2DL424Y
Old 09-28-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

looking good! what tires were you running?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Update after 1st run yesterday!!

After 2batterypacks of braking in the tires and getting the fell of the car.

I ended up changing the rear shocks to inner on arm and second hole on tower (from the outside).

Car felt pretty good, It was pretty slippery att first due to that the track has not been run on over the summer and it was vacuumed last week ..

The only issue that I had was that it wanted to oversteer a lot when exiting a turn and on power, I couldn't push it at all. I tried changing the shocks (as written above) and went down in shock oil in the back to get it more planted. I also tried -1 anti squat but it didn't help. I didn't have time to change the diffoils (i ran 10k front 150k middle and 7k rear). I asked some guys and one told me my middle was to thick, another said I need to go up in the rear.. My own instinct is to go down in the rear, but i´m use to 1:8scale run on dirt which is a total difference i guess ..

Anyone got some ideas here?
Old 09-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks to Paul above posting the link to the video of my car's first run,

Car was absolutely fantastic come the end of the day following a few tweaks here and there. I TQ'd and won all 3 legs of the A-Main.. This car just breeds confidence!

Car feels so planted and easy to drive fast I'm far more impressed than I even thought I would be.

Can post full setup if anybody would like it just let me know.

The tyres I was running was Schumacher yellow minispike on the rear and Schumacher yellow LP cut stagger (technically a 2wd tyre) on the front.

Chris
Old 09-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

some have said the oversteer you're experiencing is caused by that binding in the rear shocks, and it should go away after they bed themselves in. but if you want, try going to a softer spring in the rear and a harder spring up front or in some conditions i found a longer top link in the rear helped (move the pickup out on the hub)

also I run the inner pickup on the top link at the inside-bottom hole which helped me get better traction exiting corners too
Old 09-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

would love to see your setup chris, I'm heading to Belmont RRC this sunday in Perth to give my car its first run on Astro and I think ill running yellow wide stagger fronts and yellow mini spike rears can't wait to see what it can do!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.