Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated's new RC8B3e >

Team Associated's new RC8B3e

Like Tree63Likes

Team Associated's new RC8B3e

Old 08-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

They won't add another sku for just $10 @ retail. It will need to be a compelling liat of changes that commands a bigger increase in price, or a new kit that discontinues the kit that's just come out.

They'll make lots more money selling upgrade shock kits separately.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
They won't add another sku for just $10 @ retail. It will need to be a compelling liat of changes that commands a bigger increase in price, or a new kit that discontinues the kit that's just come out.

They'll make lots more money selling upgrade shock kits separately.
They would also make a ton more money if they completely dropped racing and turned it into a rtr only company. Team associated aims towards racers, and most people buying this won't want to put 80$ into new shock bodies for added smoothness. They would make more money selling more cheap than selling less for more, if that makes any sense
Old 08-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcbuggies View Post
. Team associated aims towards racers, and most people buying this won't want to put 80$ into new shock bodies f
I dunno, the TLR guys didn't mind buying $100's above the cost of the 22 kit to have the "standard" setup. Racers will pay for performance.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks to be an awesome buggy....
I just cant stand these wide chassis from an aesthetic view point.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I dunno, the TLR guys didn't mind buying $100's above the cost of the 22 kit to have the "standard" setup. Racers will pay for performance.
Listen, if you were buying this car, wouldn't you love having super smooth shocks for just a tad bit of change? I'm mostly saying the average racer would love it, not having to shovel out much more money, people like rcnetwork and shortcourseworld would jump on it, but 15 y/o reffing soccer games and dads that just like wheeling on the weekends would really appreciate that, that's what I hope associated realizes.

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek;
Looks to be an awesome buggy....
I just cant stand these wide chassis from an aesthetic view point.
THANK YOU!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Lord

Listen, if you were buying this car, wouldn't you love having super smooth shocks for just a tad bit of change? I'm mostly saying the average racer would love it, not having to shovel out much more money, people like rcnetwork and shortcourseworld would jump on it, but 15 y/o reffing soccer games and dads that just like wheeling on the weekends would really appreciate that, that's what I hope associated realizes.

!
I'm with you! I just know that a for-profit company won't give away what they can sell. Margins on kits are super thin. The business model is getting users/racers into your brand and earn dollars with parts and accessories.

It would take competitive pressure (ie. Sales loss due to a rep for poor shock quality, something I don't think they suffer from) to cause AE to add a marquee feature like Kashima coated shocks for just the actual cost of the upgrade.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN View Post

Don't see in the chassis pics from associated
Old 08-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Don't see in the chassis pics from associated
I believe this tab is the antenna mount, refer to the nitro version for details.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated's new RC8B3e-capture.jpg  
Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I believe this tab is the antenna mount, refer to the nitro version for details.
Exactly. It's there, just hard to see. Watched a couple 8.3e's run at the LiveRC race this weekend. The car seemed to work well. The fact that midwest AE driver Michael Paige was driving didn't hurt
Old 08-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

They would also make a ton more money if they completely dropped racing and turned it into a rtr only company. Team associated aims towards racers, and most people buying this won't want to put 80$ into new shock bodies for added smoothness. They would make more money selling more cheap than selling less for more, if that makes any sense
You say AE markets towards racers, this is largely true. Then you say most people buying this (the assumed racer) won't want to spend $80 on shock bodies.

Do racers want to spend more money, no. Will they YES! So why on earth, from a business stand point, would AE add $10 to the price of the kit and include them when they can sell them separate for $80?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I do not have a RC8B3 yet but I got to check one out up close in the pits. The shocks are amazing and according to the guy who built them are much improved over the RC8B2. He was not aware of any old parts used for the new shocks. They felt as good as my MP9s.

The shocks in the kits look as good as anything else out there and good enough for most racers. The upgraded shock bodies would be something to consider if or when the kit ones wear out.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

the most likely thing I would see is when they release the kashimas, they would just up the price about 10$ and include them in the kit. Because the difference between a full set of b5 shock bodies and the kashima ones in only like 15$.
How would you know? Are you in sales at AE, or their CFO?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

On the front and rear hubs of the B3 nitro, it has 3mm set screws shown that thread into the sides by the axles. What are they for?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On the front and rear hubs of the B3 nitro, it has 3mm set screws shown that thread into the sides by the axles. What are they for?
I believe like the Mugen they are there so you can oil the axles and cvds but the B3 has universals so idk why they would be there...
Old 08-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The setscrews key against the hinge pin so that the pin rotates inside of the arm only. It helps reduce slop in the car and makes the hubs last much longer since the pin isn't rotating inside of it and wearing the hole out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service