Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Preparing for race day Question >

Preparing for race day Question

Preparing for race day Question

Old 08-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Preparing for race day Question

Hello, just have question about preparing a car for race day. When a pro tears down their car. What are they looking for? Are they replacing all plastic's and screws? or just cleaning every inch of it ? I understand about checking the diff, shock oil and simple free movement of arm's.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just make sure everything is right. If something isn't the way it's supposed to be, make it right. Pros don't replace things like plastics or screws just because. Also, not crashing makes it much easier to keep a car in good mechanical order.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

They check bearings too, anything with excessive wobble or slop, they will replace as needed. I've heard (but not witnessed) of some being ocd about pressing out the pins in the driveshafts and replacing very often. Most are aware that excessive pin wear can cause the suspension to act a little crazy (dogbone plunge?) on power, not to mention changing often can prolong the life of the drive cups.