Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff
Default The RC Diaries aka 20 ?'s

Answer these questions to tell us "How bad you have it!"

1) How many cars do you own?

2) Most stupid thing you’ve done in RC…

3) Best thing you’ve ever done in RC…

4) If offered to choose between wrenching on your car or a date/sex, have you ever chosen wrenching?

5) Have you ever hacked intentionally?

6) The most creative thing you’ve done to keep your car running with a broken part? How long did it last?

7) What’s the biggest RC purchase you’ve made for something you didn’t need but had to have? What was the actual price compared to the modified price you told your wife/parents?

8) What’s your worst RC related injury?

9) How good do you think you are?

10) What do you hate most; a) gluing tires b)building shocks c)e-clips d)slop

11) Do you paint your own bodies? Do you have the same scheme on all your cars?

12) At the track do people come to you and ask questions or do you ask people questions?

13) Ever cut the track? If so, was it at a “big” race?

14) Do you turn marshal your friends faster than others?

15) What’s the difference between EXP and EPA?

16) Have you ever videotaped your cars running?

17) Do you wear RC themed clothes outside of the track?

18) Most consecutive days you’ve driven an RC car?

19) Where do you buy; Online or LHS?

20) Made it to the bottom of this list because you love talking RC?
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Since Im a noob here I think this will be a perfect oppertunity for ya guys to get to know me a lil better

1) How many cars do you own? 2

2) Most stupid thing you’ve done in RC… Let my Nitro Noobie buddy buy a nitro without me. Came back with a Cen.

3) Best thing you’ve ever done in RC… Started the hobby. And intorduced it to people.

4) If offered to choose between wrenching on your car or a date/sex, have you ever chosen wrenching? My 1:1 I have, but not Rc's. Not yet anyway.

5) Have you ever hacked intentionally? Not sure what this means..sorry.

6) The most creative thing you’ve done to keep your car running with a broken part? How long did it last? Cut a nail for the rim pin. Lasted long enough to forget about it, till I lost it again.

7) What’s the biggest RC purchase you’ve made for something you didn’t need but had to have? What was the actual price compared to the modified price you told your wife/parents? Probably the money I wasted to turn my pro 15 maxx into a big block. I dont have to lie on how much it is, as long as its my money and the bills are paid..lol

8) What’s your worst RC related injury? Broken Spirit after crashing a $800 plane.

9) How good do you think you are? Id say Im better than average but not enough to brag about.

A. By Far!

11) Do you paint your own bodies? Do you have the same scheme on all your cars? Yeah I paint my own, its a big part of my Rc fun. And no, every body is different and the newest ones always seem to come out better and better.

12) At the track do people come to you and ask questions or do you ask people questions? Neither. I stay with my buddies and they stay with me.

13) Ever cut the track? If so, was it at a “big” race? I dont race

14) Do you turn marshal your friends faster than others? I dont race

15) What’s the difference between EXP and EPA?

16) Have you ever videotaped your cars running? No, not yet.

17) Do you wear RC themed clothes outside of the track? Just one. A Team Rcnt shirt.

18) Most consecutive days you’ve driven an RC car?In the summer I drive everyday. No joke. Even in the winter, Ill still drive at least twice a week. (And thats in Mn.!)

19) Where do you buy; Online or LHS? Online. RushRc.com and Tower mostly

20) Made it to the bottom of this list because you love talking RC? Damn straight.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

1) 5 currently, will be 6 on wednesday

2) Cutting stuff without safety glasses many times, nitro in the eyes, nitro in the mouth, hot solder falling places it shouldnt, stabbing self trying to remove a stupid endbell held on with tabs, etc...etc....

3) Dominate at the local level

4) I'm not that hardcore about RC! Actually, no wait I have....lol.

5) Once or twice mabye, usually just to my buddies, you know give 'em the 'ol tap tap tapperoo

6) Not sure, everything I break never seems to be something you can fix without new parts.

7) RC10B4 RTR, raced it once, actually I didn't race it at all. I let my brother race it, then I sold it 2 weeks later. Can't remember what price I told my parents, but its usually about 30% less than what I actually paid.

8) See number 2.

9) Good enough to win/do very well consistently locally. A good driver, not the best, but not a hack!

10) D, slop

11) Yes I paint 'em all and I try to keep the same scheme on my offroad cars.

12) I always ask to use other peoples stuff!

13) I accidentally cut a corner at a big race, the race director called me on it too. I let the guys I cut ahead of go by me in the next corner though.

14) I marshall my friends slower

15) Exponential curve to change the response of the servo, EPA- End point adjustment

16) Yes

17) Not yet, they're on order.

18) 5-6 mabye, weather is pretty inconsistent here.

19) LHS as much as possible, especially since I work there and get everything at cost!

20)
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Tech Master

1) How many cars do you own? 5

2) Most stupid thing you’ve done in RC… Bought a TC

3) Best thing you’ve ever done in RC… TQ'ed a State Title 2wd Mod

4) If offered to choose between wrenching on your car or a date/sex, have you ever chosen wrenching? NO

5) Have you ever hacked intentionally? Yes

6) The most creative thing you’ve done to keep your car running with a broken part? How long did it last? Can't remember

7) What’s the biggest RC purchase you’ve made for something you didn’t need but had to have? What was the actual price compared to the modified price you told your wife/parents? T35

8) What’s your worst RC related injury? My bank balance

9) How good do you think you are? OK i guess

Gluing tires

11) Do you paint your own bodies? Do you have the same scheme on all your cars? Yes i paint them all and 4 out of 5 have the same paint job

12) At the track do people come to you and ask questions or do you ask people questions? Ppl ask me!

13) Ever cut the track? If so, was it at a “big” race? Nope

14) Do you turn marshal your friends faster than others? No

15) What’s the difference between EXP and EPA? Exponential and End Point Adjustment

16) Have you ever videotaped your cars running? No

17) Do you wear RC themed clothes outside of the track? No

18) Most consecutive days you’ve driven an RC car? I would hate to think ( the track is across the road

19) Where do you buy; Online or LHS? Both

20) Made it to the bottom of this list because you love talking RC? hahahaha
Mr-s413bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

1) How many cars do you own? Team total...24, 17 are mine

2) Most stupid thing you’ve done in RC… Bought too many cars and not enough electronics!

3) Best thing you’ve ever done in RC… Started!

4) If offered to choose between wrenching on your car or a date/sex, have you ever chosen wrenching? I guess.....

5) Have you ever hacked intentionally?

6) The most creative thing you’ve done to keep your car running with a broken part? How long did it last? Replaced clutch bearings with 2 O-rings, 3 washers, a piece of tubing, and the inner rings of the bearins. Worked terrible ...but it DID work!

7) What’s the biggest RC purchase you’ve made for something you didn’t need but had to have? What was the actual price compared to the modified price you told your wife/parents? Putting $400 into a Traxxas Bandit...other than that probably my $700 Bruiser. Please don't tell how much money I wasted on parts! Please...

8) What’s your worst RC related injury? Direct E-MAXX hit during a race...

9) How good do you think you are? Good enough to be E-MAXX champion 2 years running...and good enough to win 7 out of 8 races on the first official day of races.

11) Do you paint your own bodies? Do you have the same scheme on all your cars?

12) At the track do people come to you and ask questions or do you ask people questions?

13) Ever cut the track? If so, was it at a “big” race? Yes to the first part...no to the second part.

14) Do you turn marshal your friends faster than others? I move a tad faster for my friends...but to be fair I have many friends.

15) What’s the difference between EXP and EPA? It's already been answered, but it's the linear curve (I call it proportionality) and the endpoint adjustments on a transmitter.

16) Have you ever videotaped your cars running? www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Movies.html...

17) Do you wear RC themed clothes outside of the track? I used to...just waiting for some new TPR shirts.

18) Most consecutive days you’ve driven an RC car? You mean some people stop?!?!?

19) Where do you buy; Online or LHS? LHS.

20) Made it to the bottom of this list because you love talking RC? No...just because this is one more post under my belt! Actually I am here because I love talking R/C...so yes!
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote