R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Take a look at this

Can anyone identify the second runner. I can't seem to figure it out from the picts. I am talking about the one with the purple exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
Tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the truck with the black tub chassis is an rc10gt.

the other truck is the duratrax monster truck, that I think was released 6-7 years ago
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the help I found it all
Old 10-29-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Default rc10gt and duratrax monster truck

So assuming that this all works and with shipping of 40 US do you guys think this was an alright deal. I am fairly new to nitro so I dunno exactly what used items go for but this seems to be fair to me. What do you think?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Well, you only spent $130 on them, so thats not bad, there is lots of stuff there. Both of the trucks are pretty old, especially the RC10GT, which is really a big deal since RC10GT parts are easy to find, and the newer GT's are basically the same. The duratrax on the other hand is kind of a junker, my brohter had one and its not very well built. Also these are both use and its more than likely that both of the engines are worn out. Many of the parts on the trucks are more than likely very worn as well. I always buy new so you dont buy someone elses problems. In the end buying used sometimes costs alot more.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
Tech Initiate

I can see how buying used could be a problem. I have so far only bought used nitro's and have had some good luck with them. If there were worn out parts I would hope that a seller would have mentioned them in the auction.

Are nitro trucks from a few years past that much different than ones now? I don't really plan on using them for competative racing or anything like that. Winter bashing will be the order of the day for these two rides. I am just wondering cause when I look at these trucks (although a few years old) I don't see much difference in their basic design from a truck that is from these days.

Taking these guys fully apart is also important as it said in the auction that the engines need to be tuned. I have had a little trouble with taking my new TNX engine apart cause I really don't want to wreck it (newbie concern). With these two runners, I won't feel the same fears and it will give me a opportunity to learn more about how a nitro engine works.

I was mainly wondering what some of the flaws with the Duratrax might be. As Wheelnut mentioned that it had design flaws, what are the major problems so that I can be wary of them and then try to fix the problems during the rebuilds of these rides?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Just wondering if anyone knows a link to a online manual for the RC10gt? Please post I have been looking for over an hour and google is hating me.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

www.rc10.com

Anything AE, you can find there^^^.

As for the differences from a truck today and one from several years ago...
with AE, there may be some very subtle suspension geometry differences...but being a basher, you wouldnt likely notice a real difference. I did not look at the link you posted, but someone mentioned that the AE GT in the auction was one of the tub designs? Im sure there would be handling differences tween that and a GT from today...but again, it won't really affect you. Good luck n hope both trucks turn out to run well.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote