Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/5 Scale Shocks on 1/8 Scale Suspension? >

1/5 Scale Shocks on 1/8 Scale Suspension?

1/5 Scale Shocks on 1/8 Scale Suspension?

Old 07-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 1/5 Scale Shocks on 1/8 Scale Suspension?

It's a serious question. My Stampede 4x4 and Slash 4x4 are SO much better with 1/8 scale buggy shocks. That makes me wonder if 1/5 scale shocks would make any of my 1/8 scale rigs tougher? I am 100-percent basher. I look for parts that will handle tough running and big air. I have a variety of 1/8 buggies, truggies and monster trucks. I'm tempted to try the 5th scale shocks on one of them.

Has anyone here actually tried it? If so, what 1/8 scale did you mount them on and were you happy with the results? I'd be interested in pictures of your projects as well as side-by-side comparison photos of the shocks. Also, let me know of extra bits you may have needed for the conversion.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MailManX
It's a serious question. My Stampede 4x4 and Slash 4x4 are SO much better with 1/8 scale buggy shocks. That makes me wonder if 1/5 scale shocks would make any of my 1/8 scale rigs tougher? I am 100-percent basher. I look for parts that will handle tough running and big air. I have a variety of 1/8 buggies, truggies and monster trucks. I'm tempted to try the 5th scale shocks on one of them.

Has anyone here actually tried it? If so, what 1/8 scale did you mount them on and were you happy with the results? I'd be interested in pictures of your projects as well as side-by-side comparison photos of the shocks. Also, let me know of extra bits you may have needed for the conversion.
There are a number of guys that have put Baja 5B shocks on their Savages. It's an awesome mod, and makes the big, heavy monster truck handle great.

For 1/8 buggy/truggy, they're too long. You'd need a shock tower about 6 inches tall to get them to fit.....
Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
There are a number of guys that have put Baja 5B shocks on their Savages. It's an awesome mod, and makes the big, heavy monster truck handle great.

For 1/8 buggy/truggy, they're too long. You'd need a shock tower about 6 inches tall to get them to fit.....
Thanks for the reply! The largest truck I have right now is an Associated Rival MT. I'll have to check and see how tall the shock tower is and how long the shocks are.