Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Solid Axle Trophy Truck Running on Race Track >

Solid Axle Trophy Truck Running on Race Track

Solid Axle Trophy Truck Running on Race Track

Old 07-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Solid Axle Trophy Truck Running on Race Track

Finally yeti trophy hit the track. Enjoy the intense chase video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This truck is pretty sick too. It has a full custom welded steel cage. Apparently it weighs 11+lbs. Looks so real when it's blasting whoops.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Top one looks cool but an anchor of epic proportions. The second truck is an odd handling contraption with its inner front wheel lifting with minimal effort. Don't see how these would do well in the market.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joerc2013
Finally yeti trophy hit the track. Enjoy the intense chase video.

+ YouTube Video
i love it ! very good job

what about a vid without any slow motion, just to check out how it moves in reality
Old 07-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Top one looks cool but an anchor of epic proportions. The second truck is an odd handling contraption with its inner front wheel lifting with minimal effort. Don't see how these would do well in the market.
Have you never seen a full size trophy truck? They lift the inside front tire all the time. These trucks are not track weapons, they are meant to replicate real open class desert racers. News flash, if the track was rough like open desert, they would dominate over a typical r/c race buggy. Also the second truck was scratch built by a 19 year old. Let's see the handling of your scratch built car.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Have you never seen a full size trophy truck? They lift the inside front tire all the time. These trucks are not track weapons, they are meant to replicate real open class desert racers. News flash, if the track was rough like open desert, they would dominate over a typical r/c race buggy. Also the second truck was scratch built by a 19 year old. Let's see the handling of your scratch built car.
well said
i love watching real stadium trucks, robbie gordon and how they handle on concrete !
Old 07-24-2015, 03:59 AM
Tech Initiate

This truck is pretty sick too. It has a full custom welded steel cage. Apparently it weighs 11+lbs. Looks so real when it's blasting whoops.

+ YouTube Video
Justin (CyconXC) is the greatest rc trophybtruck builder on earth. I was talking to him when I was building my yeti trophybtruck. And I give him credit for flooding the Internet with his awesome trophybtruck video. I personally know that the yeti designer follow him closely when they working in designing the yeti. So yes Justin and his trophybtruck awesome and I thank him for sparking the tv trophy truck revolution.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
The top yeti trophybtruck lifts the right front wheel with no effort too but it is not doing it in video because I had tighten up both front and rear away bar to prevent it fornpurpose of track run.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The second one (Monster) I think is badass ! Would I buy one if someone mass produced it? It seems more likely to be a basher truck than weekly racer.
Seems very close to the real trucks in suspension travel and handling. Very awesome jobs by both builders
Old 07-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
The second truck is an odd handling contraption with its inner front wheel lifting with minimal effort. Don't see how these would do well in the market.
Have you never seen a full size trophy truck? They lift the inside front tire all the time.

looks good to me.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529

looks good to me.
Ummm.....YUP!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yeah, the rear-end of these trucks have SOO much travel compared to the front, there is no way they wont lift the front inside wheel.

And oh yeah... they would never be able to compete against an IRS RC truck... however, they are much cooler.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Initiate

They can't beat your lcg sct around track but These truck looks so real and cool running offroad and much more capable.

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Trophy Trucks are not the same as Short Course trucks. I realize that may not be the issue or confusion here but I feel it's a point worth mentioning..And so I can say CJ who?

http://www.torcseries.com/drivers-standings/standings/

Awesome young man and a local R/C racer. The "kid" is simply gifted, fast no matter what he's driving/riding.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Since it looks like its okay to post other trophy trucks, heres mine ive been driving for around 6 months now. I use a castle 3800 and bigger pinion to account for the smaller tire size, but i just brush it off as more of a scale speed. Its nice to see them being built, its a cool platform.

Last edited by turbo4age; 07-24-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.