1200kv motor?

Old 07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

is it enough to having a good performance?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

With 6S and a modest gearing (16T?) I guess there will be a big grin on your face
Old 07-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stigno
Ok, good luck
The sensored motors are only sensored at low RPMs, when they pick up a little speed, they also run sensorless
Isn't sensored/sensorless determined by the speed control, not the motor? Fairly sure there are examples of both type of speed controls, some can even be switched between modes if I'm not mistaken.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Isn't sensored/sensorless determined by the speed control, not the motor? Fairly sure there are examples of both type of speed controls, some can even be switched between modes if I'm not mistaken.
Tekin RX-8 uses the sensors (on sensored motors) to start the motor then switches to sensorless mode. Tekin calls this "Dual Drive." Castle "Smart Sense" is the same thing: sensored start, sensorless running. Hobbywing SCT pro works the same way (from experience).

In a 1/8th scale, by the time the car is moving about as fast as you can walk, it is already running in sensorless mode and won't switch back unless you crash or stop for some reason. So if you run a 10 minute main with your RX-8 powered e-8 and don't crash or stop, you are running sensorless for 9 minutes and 59 seconds.