Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Is Short Course Officially Dead? >

Is Short Course Officially Dead?

Is Short Course Officially Dead?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag5508
The problem is on day 25 it's the same as day one for most of them.
Everybody learns at a different pace. A mark of a good and courteous driver would be that you don't let those with lesser skill bring you down.

I certainly wouldn't expect somebody that's had 25 race/practice days under their belt to hang with the guys that have been doing it for 10 years or more. I don't think we can deny that SCT brought newcomers to the hobby and some of them to the racetrack. I don't think we can deny that those newcomers need time to hone their skills. But calling them "hacks" and disrespecting their skill is rude and unnecessary.

I've lost qualifying positions, broken parts or lost time because of an unskilled driver in my way but that is part of club racing. We can't just get rid of the "hacks" because they don't learn fast enough.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
Everybody learns at a different pace. A mark of a good and courteous driver would be that you don't let those with lesser skill bring you down.

I certainly wouldn't expect somebody that's had 25 race/practice days under their belt to hang with the guys that have been doing it for 10 years or more. I don't think we can deny that SCT brought newcomers to the hobby and some of them to the racetrack. I don't think we can deny that those newcomers need time to hone their skills. But calling them "hacks" and disrespecting their skill is rude and unnecessary.

I've lost qualifying positions, broken parts or lost time because of an unskilled driver in my way but that is part of club racing. We can't just get rid of the "hacks" because they don't learn fast enough.
No, there is only one way to deal with the hacks. Scream and swear at them so they get off my track.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
Attitudes like this is why RC is not growing. You sound like the kind of person who screams at everybody else on the drivers stand and makes the new guys uncomfortable so they leave. I'm right aren't I ?

I guess I should apologize for all the new people who prevent you from achieving your goals
No maybe you should watch them when they have a bash fest during practice and ruin other peoples cars because they are having fun jumping boards and slamming people . If they are doing that why are they on a track and thats how it was . My goal is to race where ever short course isn't thats why i took 2+ years off because they would destroy 1/10 buggies . Not sure how it is in your area but in mine it sucked .. You don't know me so don't assume ..... I don't yell at people on the stand and I've probably helped 10 times as many new racers as you have . So you can................

Last edited by Dave H; 07-15-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Language and abusive comments
Old 07-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

More race tracks need to start bringing in short course classes. The best class is dying. The same thing needs to happen the last time the hobby was dead. The slash was made, everybody got back into it. So someone like Team Associated,HPI, Traxxas etc: needs to come out with a quality race truck or new class to revive offered class of racing
Old 07-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
If you ask me, SC is the best thing to happen to RC especially with the help of Traxxas. They've brought more new blood to RC than anything else. I've seen it here in Vegas, they bring the slash to race, then they get serious and buy an SC10 and before ya know it they're running buggy and getting deeper into the hobby.

It's kind of an introductory class into the hobby of sorts. Don't get me wrong, it's really competitive here with great drivers but it's the kind of car most new people associate with. Really depends on the kind of crowd at the local track. Most everyone here tries to help fellow newbies and make sure they can get on track and have a little fun. It helps everyone in long run as they keep coming back and look into different classes.

I'm all for Traxxas running commercials and pumping life into RC. Nice to see Associated sponsoring some of these full size trucks as well.
Yep i agree i am a newb as well an spent 1000+++ since I came in to the game so there u go an it was all sct i teams tekno an TA
Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jag5508
No maybe you should watch them when they have a bash fest during practice and ruin other peoples cars because they are having fun jumping boards and slamming people . If they are doing that why are they on a track and thats how it was . My goal is to race where ever short course isn't thats why i took 2+ years off because they would destroy 1/10 buggies . Not sure how it is in your area but in mine it sucked .. You don't know me so don't assume ..... I don't yell at people on the stand and I've probably helped 10 times as many new racers as you have . So you can...............
Your track owner or race director needs to get a handle on that if that's what's going on. SC should have a little leeway in rubbing is racing but there's pretty good understanding among most racers regardless of class of what's not appropriate and racing lines. If not than the owner/director should be instilling that in his drivers for the better of everyone. Drivers meetings can go a long way. Rule #1, driver behind has the responsibility of making the pass cleanly without contact causing the lead car to lose his line.

Last edited by Dave H; 07-15-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Quoted language and abusive comments
Old 07-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

OK, this thread has went far enough.