R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Southern California Off Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/88069-southern-california-off-road.html)

tcmerf 10-23-2005 11:26 AM

Southern California Off Road

Ok SoCal i need your opinions. I live in Elsinore and have a 415 which i dont think i will ever get rid of. The amount of money i have in it wont let me! Anyway if you could only have one off road vehicle what would it be. I have pretty much given up on electric and just sold my b4. I have a AD2 which i like but it seems most of the tracks around here are built for 1/8th scale. So should i keep the AD2 or get a 1/8 scale buggy ur truggy. The 1/8th scales alos seem to be a lot more durable from what i have seen. I would say my skill level should get me to the A (but not winning!) of a local club race once i get some time with the car, but as of right now i have exctly one day running gas off road! Thanks for the help guys

t-roth 10-23-2005 03:08 PM

Have you been to ARC in Murrieta? There is always a 1/10 truck class, and they don't seem to have any problems racing on the track. And since you have the AD2 you should have no problems getting help setting up your truck for their track, since that is what the majority of trucks are. If you still are thinking about 1/8 scale I've had the Jammin x1-cr for 2 months and love it. Lots of peole at ARC also have the Jammin so again you wouldnt have any problems getting help setting it up.

Aaron Waldron 10-23-2005 03:38 PM

tcmerf - I think gas truck is one of the best classes in the SoCal club race scene. ARC in Murrieta is a hot place to race on Saturday nights, and racing any of Joey's The Dirt races over the course of the year always yields a good gas truck class. I think we're very lucky that our local tracks here are very gas truck friendly.

tcmerf 10-23-2005 08:19 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I think i just want an excuse for a new car but i am going to stick with the truck for a while. I think the main reason was leaning towards 1/8th is durability. I guess i will just have to see how hard i am on the AD2!

Aaron Waldron 10-24-2005 01:32 AM

The AD2 is a tough truck. This weekend is the Reedy Truck Race at Hot Rod, but all this winter you can catch me at Hemet and ARC, and I'll be able to help you if you have any questions.

tcmerf 10-24-2005 10:46 AM

Cool, thanks Aaron.

darrelgf 10-24-2005 11:04 AM

I was just at Revelation Raceway Saturday night and they had a good turn out for the 1/10 truck class.

Aaron Waldron 10-24-2005 11:41 AM

The 2005 Reedy Truck Race of Champions at Hot Rod Hobbies is this weekend...

...a three day race entirely devoted to 1/10th scale trucks!

tcmerf 10-24-2005 03:13 PM

How far is Hot Rod from Elsinore. Might have to take the R6 on a road trip!

Casper 10-24-2005 03:54 PM

HRH is across the 5 from Magic Mountian. I would say 2+ hours north. Aaron should know. He lives down in that neck of the woods.

tcmerf 10-24-2005 04:17 PM

Ouch. At least 2+ in a car usually only means 1:15 on the bike!