Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax Tire Ballooning

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Duratrax Tire Ballooning

So we got fed up with our second set of Duratrax Six Packs. Yes, they are great tires in regards to grip. However, under light conditions, the first set got 2 cracked wheels. Customer service was great and sent two freebies to replace them.

Today, under medium bash conditions, we had HALF of a foam tire insert blow out of the left rear tire. As the blood pressure went up, so did the throttle. We let it rip, and you will see how P'd Bubbles was at the halfway point in the video, when he just let her rip.

Any better quality wheel/tire combos out there, with similar grip to the duratrax? What are you running, and what should we stay away from?

Thanks for reading.

Not sure if the video link worked, so here is the direct link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mMF5vgAf0

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I see no faults with the tires on that truck. I see a problem with the operator.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I see no faults with the tires on that truck. I see a problem with the operator.
Yup, typical bashers. Just mash the throttle, no skill at all. I've yet to see anything impressive in any of their videos, and this video is probably the worst of them.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Yup, typical bashers. Just mash the throttle, no skill at all. I've yet to see anything impressive in any of their videos, and this video is probably the worst of them.
Hey, I did the same thing with my ebuggy. I finished in 3rd. :-)
Old 06-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Did you read the post or watch the video? Three cracked wheels, the first two upon arrival. Then a blown insert. End result is the video.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
We enjoy jumping and crashing our RCs. Certainly not for everyone. We enjoy wrenching as much as bashing.

Have any wheel/tire combos to recommend?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
Hey, I did the same thing with my ebuggy. I finished in 3rd. :-)
Sounds about right for a Canadian. All that tells me is the people you race with are even worse drivers than you. How close to the leaders fastest lap was your fastest lap? How consistent were your laps? How far behind the leader were you?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Mantis Toboggan, why do you have animosity toward bashers? I don't have available time or interest to race, but I'm able to find time here and there to beat my truck. If you don't care for OTB videos, I promise that you don't have to watch them.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

painful bashing, didn't bother to Watch more of the video

I love to bash , jump, hit any thing that looks like a ramp, 6s full speed, stand backflips and power but I hate to see stupid tire destroying and differential destroying. dj medic did that once and called it "power" . I call it stupid as the diff is only transfering more rpm to one wheel...
Old 06-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by werner sline
painful bashing, didn't bother to Watch more of the video
Then you missed the best part.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

...I didn't even see any driving in the video. The truck flipped (with no body?), the driver stayed on full throttle until the wheel gave out, and then the driver CONTINUED to stay on full throttle WHILE the truck was up-side down, running all the electronics through the dirt while overheating them, allowing the tire to possibly damage other suspension parts. To top it off, the whole procedure was REPEATED! That's not even bashing; it's just destructive. What would be the point of getting better tires if that's how you drive?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by longuylander
What would be the point of getting better tires
Better upside down traction.

The description of the video has an explanation. The tires are great, and the fact that they held up to the abuse, destruction, bad operator, full throttle, pancaking, should be a testimony to the durability. However, the wheels are junk. They are being boiled and replaced.

Originally Posted by longuylander
if that's how you drive?
There's validity in that statement.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I'm sure that car will be in the classifieds soon, "Always well maintained, never beaten".

That video was painful to watch. What exactly are you trying to accomplish by holding it WFO while upside down?
Old 06-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

I don't see any useful or constructive purpose for this thread to continue.