R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #16
CDG
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to CDG Send a message via Yahoo to CDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power
yes, that screw that sits below the spur is the only one you cannot put a nut on. Your best bet is to leave that screw the same length that it is now. Just put nuts on all of the rest, make sure you use loctite too, but not too much.
I have found that locktight is a oneway trip on plastic, it goes in once and destroys the plastic if you ever have to remove the srew, is there a particular type of locktight for plastic? I currently only have MIP Thread Lock in a little white tube??? and I'm sure its only for the metal parts?
CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just put the loctite on the nut and then thread it on the screw.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG
I have found that locktight is a oneway trip on plastic, it goes in once and destroys the plastic if you ever have to remove the srew, is there a particular type of locktight for plastic? I currently only have MIP Thread Lock in a little white tube??? and I'm sure its only for the metal parts?
You are correct. loctite will break down the plastic. Use shoe-goo or silicone(RTV).
J_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
CDG
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to CDG Send a message via Yahoo to CDG

for plastic areas with some material left in then I usually shave off a little bit of plastic from a hot glue stick and stick it in the hole, that works most of the time. I make a peice like a toothpick, and put it through, then tighten the screw ever so lightly, it holds the screw in every time, unless I hit a curb , then its usually time for a new component .
CDG is offline   Reply With Quote