Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have put my B6 gear diff in both a B5M FL and a Centro CT4.2 FT. You just have to leave off the 2 black spacers that come in the diff kit.

As mentioned above the new diffs do have slightly different o-ring configurations, they don't have the really thin o-ring that sits on the groove on the out drive that the previous models had.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses. It's been a while since I ran AE, I just picked up a B6 and looking to build a SC5.

As far as the 3 gear trans goes I know I need the motor plate I assume the other gears will transfer over?

I was wondering what peoples experience with the +4 mount was, is it worth it for turf ?
Old 08-04-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know what parts are required to turn b5m into sc5m?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac
Does anyone know what parts are required to turn b5m into sc5m?
The entire car basically. The trans, steering assembly, front and rear arm mounts, top plate, front and rear hubs will transfer over. Sell the B5m and put that money toward the SC5m
Old 08-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok looking for some help, I'm running on an old school dirt track, running goosebumps or mega grid tires. i'm struggling with rear grip. I've tried a little bit of everything, right now i'm at box set up other than the brass c & d block and 1.7 pistons in the rear. running shorty all the way back with the reedy brass plate under it. medium speed it's ok, but on the high speed sweeper it likes to get tail happy and I have to be very careful. we have alot of 180 turns so they are slow speed. If I run in at all a little to fast is spins out. I normally run second or third the fast guy runs the same truck and has the same issues, but he is just a little better driver than i am at the moment and if I could get it to stick better then it would help me out. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rass79
ok looking for some help, I'm running on an old school dirt track, running goosebumps or mega grid tires. i'm struggling with rear grip. I've tried a little bit of everything, right now i'm at box set up other than the brass c & d block and 1.7 pistons in the rear. running shorty all the way back with the reedy brass plate under it. medium speed it's ok, but on the high speed sweeper it likes to get tail happy and I have to be very careful. we have alot of 180 turns so they are slow speed. If I run in at all a little to fast is spins out. I normally run second or third the fast guy runs the same truck and has the same issues, but he is just a little better driver than i am at the moment and if I could get it to stick better then it would help me out. Thanks for the help.
Try tuning with the Rear Camber Links to be certain the rear tires are in full contact with the ground in the turns
Old 08-04-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What springs/oil are you using?

Have you cut the braces? It will allow the chassis to flex more and might help with traction.

What tires are the fast guys running? Remember choosing the right tires is 90% of your setup.

Try moving your battery foward by 5-6mm to allow for the chassis flex. Having it all the way back will cause it to be stiffer.

Look for the under battery brass weight (+50g). It really helps settle the truck and will provide more traction.

Originally Posted by Scott R
Try tuning with the Rear Camber Links to be certain the rear tires are in full contact with the ground in the turns
Also try lengthening your rear camber links.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I've tried white and green springs front and back right now i'm white and white 32.5 front and 27.5 rear.
Fast guy is running mega grids.
when you say cut the braces what do you mean by that?
I've been running the camber links as long as they will go.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

I've tried white and green springs front and back right now i'm white and white 32.5 front and 27.5 rear.
Fast guy is running mega grids.
when you say cut the braces what do you mean by that?
I've been running the camber links as long as they will go.
Cut the centers out of the chassis brace.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC5M Thread-cutbrace.jpg  
Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would go to a grey spring in front with at least 35 weight oil. Stay on the throttle (doesn't need to be hard throttle) through the sweeper. If you let off, weight will quickly transfer up to the front outer tire. The longer camber link in the rear will make the transition from having rear grip to not having it more violent. Running a shorter link might make it snap free sooner but it will be very easy to control once you lose the grip. Experiment with it and find what matches your driving style.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

That does seem like a lot of weight that you have in the truck too...especially all the way back. Also, do you have any drag brake in your esc?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This truck is easier to drive if you stay on the throttle a little bit. Even with zero drag, letting off seems to transfer a lot of weight. If you stiffen it too much to minimize that, you will have crap low speed steering.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I would have to look i think my drag brake is at about 15ish? My biggest problem is keeping the rear planted coming out of the corner.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Cut the centers out of the chassis brace.
Yes, cut the braces. I did this and the difference is very noticeable. My truck went from turning great and struggling for rear grip to a slight push and plenty of rear grip out of the turns. I just moved the battery one thin pad forward and it was almost perfect.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lol really wow. I thought I read on the associated website that its shares 90% parts.

Oh well better sell the buggy!

Cheers mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.