Wiki Posts
Search

TIRE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default TIRE HELP!!

Hey guys,

I need help finding a good tire for Loose dirt. Tired of drifting everywhere and the grip is not there. I need some ideas for the Tires for I can tune the rest..

ANY Suggestion will help

Thanks
Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FASTLANE81
Hey guys,

I need help finding a good tire for Loose dirt. Tired of drifting everywhere and the grip is not there. I need some ideas for the Tires for I can tune the rest..

ANY Suggestion will help

Thanks
Aka City blocks or something similar.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Loose, meaning a loamy track? Or hard packed with a fine layer of loose material on it? We need to know a bit more about the surface before we get you the perfect tire.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Jconcepts Goosebumps
Old 05-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

HeY typhoon

Yes, hard packed and layer of loose dirt on top. Kinda like a dried up baseball infield. The turns are killing me.. Taking me way of the turn..
Old 05-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I would try JConcepts Goosebumps if there is between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch of loose stuff on top. If there is a fine layer of loose stuff on hard packed I would try a Holeshot type tire.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We have a pretty loose track here - I have very good luck with AKA Cityblock and AKA I-Beam. I-Beams seem to work better on very loose stuff; but seem to have less "side bite" with them vs the Cityblocks.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The type of vehicle is pertinent information to include when asking for advice. All of the info provided could be useless if the tires everyone recommends are not available for the type of vehicle he has. Is this a hard concept to understand?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
The type of vehicle is pertinent information to include when asking for advice. All of the info provided could be useless if the tires everyone recommends are not available for the type of vehicle he has. Is this a hard concept to understand?
That's why I recommended Goosebumps and Holeshots. They are available for every type of vehicle that you can race offroad. Is that a hard concept to understand?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Searched his post history, looks like he has a MUGEN MBX7TE.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, Sorry about that... I have Associated 8.2e, Mugen mbx7e truggy and SCT truck..
Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
That's why I recommended Goosebumps and Holeshots. They are available for every type of vehicle that you can race offroad. Is that a hard concept to understand?
I can't for the life of me find Goosebumps for 1/8th scale buggy of Truggy. And Holeshots are not a loose track tire for an 1/8th scale.

Ok, Sorry about that... I have Associated 8.2e, Mugen mbx7e truggy and SCT truck..
If you have this problem with all of those vehicles, either you have the wrong tires on all of them, or you need to learn how to be more controlled with your throttle. Calibers or City Blocks are actually available for all those vehicles, and should work about as good as possible in those conditions. If this is a track where you run, ask what the fast guys are running. Or work on staying in the groove, and possibly see if the track can be watered.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

ANY Suggestion will help

Thanks
not sure what type of car your running or how deep it is till you get to the hard pack???how it sounds you need something like Panther Boa (it's like a bow tie with much more side bite less forward bite!!!) also if you can wet the track it does not cake like other tires in it's class. med dust track dry i would go with what most of the people here are saying Calibers or City Blocks or like Snipers or Raptor !!! if wet you need a wider pin like a Goosebumps(which Goosebumps work will wet and dry). now if you are skating on dust Holeshots fell faster all around but Double Dees and Raptor feel like they have more side bite (i think for they have less contact patch so they increase the weight per square(inch/mm)). now if you cars are underweight or overweight they will slide out even more so if it's in the rear. also try to increase roll in the chassis... like increase roll center(move inside camber links down)/ more chassis flex/or even add weight to top of chassis (if you traction roll you gone to far).

Last edited by gatorage; 05-19-2015 at 11:23 AM.