Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Proline Trifecta wing question >

Proline Trifecta wing question

Proline Trifecta wing question

Old 05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Proline Trifecta wing question

Hey there guys I will be either getting a Kyosho MP9E TKI or a Kyosho STRR Evo 2 when it comes out..and I wanted to know how does the lexan trifecta run on the cars...I have the nitro mp9 tki 3 already and I want to give it a shoot but I want to know what it makes the car feel like compared to the stock Kyosho wing? Thanks guys!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
Hey there guys I will be either getting a Kyosho MP9E TKI or a Kyosho STRR Evo 2 when it comes out..and I wanted to know how does the lexan trifecta run on the cars...I have the nitro mp9 tki 3 already and I want to give it a shoot but I want to know what it makes the car feel like compared to the stock Kyosho wing? Thanks guys!
I can't compare it to a Kyosho wing, but compared to the HB wing the Lexan wing made the car rotate quicker and the car was a bit easier to control in the air. I have been very happy with the durability of the it and now use the Lexan wing all the time.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting. I am looking forward to trying one of these lexans wings myself.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I used one and back to back with the stock losi 8ight e 3.0 wing I couldn't tell a difference at all.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 155 (100%+)

What do the different wickerbills do? Why run one over the other?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Put one of my buggy this week. Havent had it on the track yet, interested to see what the difference is. Also put the Tekno low profile wing mount on too. I guess I will see this weekend.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I put one on my Schumacher KR and i'm still running it after using it for the whole winter season, awesome wing.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Breeze
What do the different wickerbills do? Why run one over the other?
There for how much drag/downforce you want, higher the wicker bill the more downforce you will achieve.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default wicker bill choice

Originally Posted by rippen
There for how much drag/downforce you want, higher the wicker bill the more downforce you will achieve.
I am assuming you are referring to the 1/10 trifecta wing? I make that assumption because you mention the height of the wicker bill to affect the desired downforce.

I just picked up an 8ight T 2.0 e conversion. I came to me with a used wind already installed and a brand new 1/8 white trifecta wing. The 1/8 wing come with two seperate wicker bills that are mounted with included hardware. When mounted to the wing, one protrudes forward from the rear edge of the wing (not a matter of trimming to the desired height).

What is the difference between the shorter (less forward protrusion) vs. the longer (more forward protrusion) with regards to it performance effects. I currently have the larger one installed on the new wing. I also just ordered one to put on my rc8.2e FT. It is easy enough to change. However, I am interested in knowing what I can expect and the purpose of the option?

Anyone have any experience with this wing and 1/8 useage?
Old 07-31-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Also, are there any differences in the precut clear lexan version vs. the white, black or yellow molded version? They both have the same wicker bills it appears. Is the lexan material just as thick and durable as the colored versions? Can it be painted like a clear body?