TRF211XM

Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
Disappointing. Even though I'm a regional driver for Team C, I still keep up with other manufacturers and make it a point to drive just about what ever I can get my hands on to compare and generally appreciate the differences in cars.

I've always had an acute appreciation for Tamiya and the pure fun they've consistently injected into the hobby.

Their kits go together well and quality is good. They just don't seem to have the will to update their offroard cars in the same way they treat their onroad competition cars.

If you're looking to drive something offroard that's not another "what everyone else is driving," there are are now many choices.

Yokomo, Team C (the TM4 and TC02C Evo are awesome), Serpent, HPI (d413), and the list goes on.

Each of the above brands (and some others I neglected to mention) have devoted drivers creating setups, parts support and are modern in their engineering. You don't need to abandon Tamiya completely as Tamiya fans can never really let go (who can blame you?), but it's time to let go of Tamiya for offroad racing and move on.

I hadn't looked at Team C before, their website sucks, but that TM4 looks like my next offroader. Now to find one in the US. Sorry Tamiya, you lost me this time.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Kentech updated his blog with more pics.

http://kentech.blogs.se/

As bummed out as I am that no front hexes were designed into the kit....I do hope they keep the white chassis!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Any rumours in a TRF buggy team come back with this kit ?
Old 05-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation

Highly doubt it... Tamiya has pretty much done a frontal lobotomy to the Off Road program they have and 90% of the top drivers that they had...
Old 05-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR View Post
Highly doubt it... Tamiya has pretty much done a frontal lobotomy to the Off Road program they have and 90% of the top drivers that they had...
We should create a sign a petition lol
Old 05-17-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Brass rear suspension mount too.

I'm looking forward to it. Love my XMW, but still want to try to lose some of it's weight without going shorty pack. Currently I'm at 1696 grams.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leadfootedfool View Post
I hadn't looked at Team C before, their website sucks, but that TM4 looks like my next offroader. Now to find one in the US. Sorry Tamiya, you lost me this time.
Got my son and daughter Team C rides when they had the Oktoberfest deals. Evolution hobbies seems to be a great place to find what you need. I drove them myself and I'm impressed by their performance. However, both my son and daughter couldn't build these vehicles without my assistance. Instructions weren't accurate and the build quality was sometimes disappointing. This is where Tamiya stands out; once Tamiya starts to lose this asset, then I'm afraid that is when I will move on.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Instructions are out now ...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/42288ml.pdf
Old 05-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

It looks cool.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Also the chassis will be white and here are the part #'s to update a XMW to a 211xm and a general price range too

New Chassis Part#10334079 (100$)
New Waterfall Part#13450694 (18$)
New Rear Battery Brace Part#13404054(8$)
New Battery Strap Part#13404055(12$)
New Rear Brass XA mount Part#13450695(15$)

So for about 150$ you can upgrade a TRF201XMW to a TRF211XM... sounds a lot cheaper to do it that way vice buying a whole new kit
Old 05-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
It looks cool.
It does, cept for the late 90's tech front end and pinned tires oh and the three or four piece top shaft too. But yeah, cool chassis
Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also the chassis will be white and here are the part #'s to update a XMW to a 211xm and a general price range too

New Chassis Part#10334079 (100$)
New Waterfall Part#13450694 (18$)
New Rear Battery Brace Part#13404054(8$)
New Battery Strap Part#13404055(12$)
New Rear Brass XA mount Part#13450695(15$)

So for about 150$ you can upgrade a TRF201XMW to a TRF211XM... sounds a lot cheaper to do it that way vice buying a whole new kit
Its tempting, but there better be some serious weight reduction going g to that plastic chassis.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Let's not forget, hands down, we have the highest-quality and versatile 2wd 1/10th buggy on the market. Where else can you get a vehicle with FACTORY high-quality parts and hopups?! How about going from mid/rear/plastic/aluminum(201/XM/XR/XMW/211) and still use the hoard of basic parts you've been accumulating over the years?! Ladies and gentlemen, we have piece of history like no other. The biggest disappointment is that Tamiya isn't playing the offroad game as keen as their onroad. Seriously, if Tamiya had a driver to put the 201/211 on the podium a few times.....we'd all be braggin on the new 211. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to buy a new car and slew of backup parts every year. And, again, even if Tamiya did have a revolutionary NEW buggy.....who's gonna drive it professionally?!!??! The reason Losi, Associated and the likes are popular is because they have national/international recognition on the world stage of racing! Sure.....they are popular at the club level but they were bought because of the guy who won the National/Regionals with the same car!

This really shouldn't surprise us......it's the trend of Japanese manufacturing lately. Anyone remember the Kyosho RB? RB5? RB5 SP? RB5 WC???!!! Then the RB6?!?!?! I do......but I stopped at the RB5 SP/WC and went back to Tamiya just cause I'm die-hard like that. Yeah, if you cut me.....I'll bleed the color of the Tamiya "Blue Crack" Hop Ups!!!! LOL!

Hey......not trying to offend anyone or point fingers.....but, seriously......We've got a really good platform no matter how you look at it. And it's still competetive in ANY configuration(201/XM/XR/XMW/211) against any current 2wd buggy on the market. I just wish I could drive it like it deserves; I'm in the top of the B-Main one week and in the middle of the A-Main another week. But make no mistake, I've spanked every brand out there......and when the better driver picks up my controller, he generally beats me with my own vehicle!!!!!!

And it doesn't help that Tamiya is so DAG-DANG expensive!!!!!! But, we've all come to know that....like it or not. We ALSO know that the same high price tag brings a quality that many other brands cannot claim.

Again......no worries about me pickin a fight.....just want to remind everyone that we have something that is, in fact, current and competetive. Will I be buying it?~....well, I have a 201/XR/XM.....but not the XMW. I just might go straight to the 211.....but I'm going to wait it out for a good deal or see if they are going to discontinue it next year. It's one of the reasons I've always said that my Traxxas Stampede was a good investment; cause I can buy a new one/parts still today! And it serves it's purpose. Honestly, I don't think a 2wd buggy can be revolutionized any more than it has been without drastically changing it's size. I'm sure that ALL 2wd buggies produced today will be competetive for the next 10-15 years......but the pro driver will determine which one is the most popular version. Just like it's always been done.......
Old 06-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Car is available in the states as of today!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

And parts.??? 1 month out like last time or will they show up sooner

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.