R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Associated Nitro T4 (NT4?)

I took this photo in the pit area at Revelation Raceway. But didn't get a chance to talk to anyone about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Associated Nitro T4 (NT4?)-aetruck.jpg  
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Very cool, but the real question is was Team AE out there testing this truck? Or was this just somebodies homemade creation.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

How is the engine connected to the tranny?

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

look at how the motor sits in the truck at that angle. I couldn't believe that associated would do something like that.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Wheel Nut - I did see someone around the truck with an Associated t-shirt on, but that's all I know.

Team Duratrax - I didn't take that close of a look. I kinda just got in took the photo and got out. I was hoping the photo would show more than that, but it was getting dark.

O.S. Power - Why wouldn't Associated try something new? Isn't that part of R&D?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I doubt that that is AEs new gas truck. it looks like it still has the plastic or carbon chassis. BUT, if you look at the podium pictures from the sidewinder race, Maifield and Cavalari have single color bodies. if you remember a few years back, easton won Hot Rod Hobbies shootout with a T4 that had a SINGLE color painted body... hopefully there is a new gas truck in the future.
BlazinB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Tech Master

you have to believe that there is a new gas truck in the works.

pennyracer - part of r&d is trying something new, but why waste time and deviate from something that you know works so you could spend more time on something else, like getting the suspension to work right.

The last truck I saw with the motor sitting in it like that was my dad's schumacher nitro 10, I think tht was even the first nitro truck if I remember.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

If nobody tried something new then technology would never advance. I've been racing for 15 years and have seen many prototype trucks from manufacturers. I remeber being at the Ranch Pit shop in pomona when Losi was first developing thier first nitro truck. They had a truck that Allen Losi (Gil Losi's brother) was running. It has the engine mounting inline with the chassis. Sure it didn't work or wasn't practical, but they tried it. Who knows maybe this does work, or just a theory as to why it should work.

Maybe your right though. Maybe this isn't something AE is working on. We won't know until the person or persons responsible come forward.

By the way Kyosho had a truck that had the engine mounted like that a while back. I don't remember which one though.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
Tech Master

I remember seeing that losi truck in a mag, it was based on the xx-t cr suspension. That was a pretty trick looking truck.

If I remember correctly, they said the xx-t trucks were not designed with a nitro in mind, so the suspension wouldn't work properly with the added weight and power.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

That's not entirely true. It is true that the first Losi truck was based on the LXT and not the XX-T, but the next generation Losi nitro truck was based on the XX-T the XX-NT. When Losi was developing their first nitro truck I know they had at least two different designs that were being tested. One like mentioned before with based on the XX-T and one based on the LXT. I guess the LXT version worked better for them. Or at least with the least amount of changes. Gas trucks aren't that much heavier than electric ones, they do have a different weight distribution though. So maybe that's the difference. I would think the reason this truck has the engine mounted this way is to distribute the wieght more like an electric truck.

Anyway, I'm sure Associated has a way they do things.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

Either way, it's about damn time they made a new nitro truck! The GT has been around since the T2, and they have replaced that twice over now! Don't they think it's time to let Losi have it again and bring out a new GT?

BTW: I like Losi, so no bashing!
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i don't want to fuel everybody up but the gt is still winning races after races. i don't think they'll change it totally unless they loose numerous nationals consecutively and cannot be competitive anymore with the existing truck they have. this is just what i think because just like many of you said, the gt's been around for so long.... but the winner's circle list for it is very very long also.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i don't want to fuel everybody up but the gt is still winning races after races. i don't think they'll change it totally unless they loose numerous nationals consecutively and cannot be competitive anymore with the existing truck they have. this is just what i think because just like many of you said, the gt's been around for so long.... but the winner's circle list for it is very very long also.
Thats true. But who knows, maybe they are trying new things but aren't really working on a new truck. They don't need to hurry up and come out with a new truck. The truck they have works fine. Maybe they are just experimenting. Anyway, I plan on heading out to Revelation again this Saturday to see if they are out there again. This time I'll ask them some questions.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
True! I'm the only one at still running a GT. It does ok. I just need to get it out there more..
J_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I run the current GT and love it. If that was the new one they were to come out with I'd still be running my old one. That's nothing more than a T4 with nitro stuff in it. If you see it again snap a pic of where the clutchbell and spur are. I don't see any way it could be hooked to the transmission?? The way it looks the end of the engine must stick right threw the rear shock tower and bulkhead..?? Weird.

Did you actually see it run and drive?

Last edited by jbrow1; 10-15-2005 at 10:03 AM.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote