Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8th or 1/10th buggy as a basher? RTR or Kit? >

1/8th or 1/10th buggy as a basher? RTR or Kit?

1/8th or 1/10th buggy as a basher? RTR or Kit?

Old 03-28-2015, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default 1/8th or 1/10th buggy as a basher? RTR or Kit?

Sorry to start a new thread for this, i have searched and read a fair bit, but still undecided. I have been away from RC for about 4 years and my off roads were nitros back then.

I just bought my son a HSP 1/16th trojan buggy for his upcoming 3rd birthday for him to start playing and learning about the world of RC

When i stopped a while ago, i sold absolutely everything but buying this HSP has brought my little bug for RC back.

I want to get something to bash around with him but still want it to be quick and decent quality.

Looking at a budget of around $500 or so, do you think i should be going for a 1/10th scale or can you get a decent 1/8th scale for that?
I really loved building the cars as much as driving them back then so a kit would be good but then i'd have to get my radio/receivers/esc/motor etc separate and may get expensive...

I was looking at the OFNA Ultra LX2E RTR 1/8 Buggy and the OFNA Hyper SSe RTR 1/8 buggy on Amain.com and they are a good price.

Any ideas on what you'd do in my situation? It would be a great help as 1/8th electric barely existed when i stopped years ago.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Oops. I hadn't searched basher... Seems there are lots of threads on this. Apologies.

If I can short list my ideas on here and get opinions still, that would be great.

After reading up, it looks like the 1/8th truggy's have the ground clearance and still good enough handling to be a good basher.

Are the hpi flux trophy truggy's pretty good? Anything better for the same price range?