Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for some advice about ECX 2wd circuit stadium truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for some advice about ECX 2wd circuit stadium truck

Just purchased my first R/C vehicle that I hope gets me into this hobby. When I took it out of the box and took it for a drive I was hoping it would be a little faster and that the battery life would be longer. I have been reading online about LiPo batteries and brushless motors helping out with this and plan to get these upgrades but would like some input on what to get for this particular truck as far as LiPo batteries and brushless motors? Also what type of other parts would need to be upgraded in order to accommodate for these upgrades? Lastly any advice on what other upgrades would be a good idea would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate any help and look forward to becoming a R/C enthusiast.

Also any good websites that carry these upgrades at reasonable prices would also be great.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Same here ...

I have the same Ecx Circuit and want to upgrade to Lipo batteries; thought it clearly says you can do this with the brushed 2wd model and with the stock ESC - I'm very annoyed at how hard it is to simply learn how to do this and what is needed. I'm not new to RC at all but would still appreciate any help anyone can offer! Don't want to blow the brushed 20T motor out, but a better battery system and charger apparently would beef it up a little. Any thoughts? Thanks so much...
Old 03-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have 2 of the 4wd ones and have swapped them over to brushless. I went with the castle SCT set ups easy swap in using the same pinion if I remember correctly. It flies now and has really good 30-45 minute run times with a 6yo at the controls. All of the diffs are metal so everything has held up great you just need to make sure they are shipped for a good gear mesh. The swap on the ecx was freaking easy, just pay attention which screw goes where, there is one fine threaded one and some or longer than others. I got them all mixed up, screw it its held together this long.... Anyway you can get some of the castle SCT combos delivered for 100 bucks. Chargers, definitely get a better charger. If you want to start slow you can run lipo's on the brushed set up, it last a few times until the insulation finally melts away.... I was curious to see how 3or4S would do.... :-)
Old 03-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I forgot to add my son sat and did donuts for so long it blew one of the tires apart, needless to say I had to turn the power down to about 60-70%. I have to say out of all the vehicles that I have the ecx has been the most reliable. I have watched his friends drive it repetitively into curbs and crap at full speed and have yet to break a part. I did have the front ds set screw go Mia but that was a maintenance issue more than anything.